Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
I did my product registration. Not sure if I have to register separately for Global Warranty...
And PM the seller here if you want. He replies in a day or two.

Just saw this thread. The laptop seems nice. How much did you guys pay? 55k or 59k?
And is it an ultrabook or standard? Because its weird that it comes with a 4-cell battery and not 6-cell. Normally only ultrabooks have 4-cell and many dedicated gaming laptops come in 8-9 cell but for the price its good i guess. What about the display, is it IPS or TN? And warranty? Someone said the package has been opened, is it an isolated incident and do they all come in "Asus sealed" packages? Just a little concerned.
Bookmarking the ebay listing for future references. Perhaps its time to rest my old HP G6 Laptop. Thanks.

"Battery Life >=3hrs while
playing Dota 2." not possible.

We paid 55.5k for it, 58k with 8gb ram upgrade. It has a mediocre AU OptronicsTN panel, only 45% color gamut. It's a standard laptop, not an ultrabook. It looks small though, it gives around 4hrs on regular usage including heavy browsing, movies, and 20 mins gaming. You can modify the power management settings to get more juice. I think it should last 2.5hrs on only Dota 2. Stop counting the cells, the capacity of the cells matter the most nowadays. Regarding the packing and warranty I would recommend you to read this thread or contact the seller directly.

I'm playing dota 2 and csgo on it too. Runs both the titles without lag @ full on 1080p. Max Temps reach 82C for CPU and 74C for Gpu, idle Temps 56C CPU and 53C Gpu, room temp 27C.

Just saw this thread. The laptop seems nice. How much did you guys pay? 55k or 59k?
And is it an ultrabook or standard? Because its weird that it comes with a 4-cell battery and not 6-cell. Normally only ultrabooks have 4-cell and many dedicated gaming laptops come in 8-9 cell but for the price its good i guess. What about the display, is it IPS or TN? And warranty? Someone said the package has been opened, is it an isolated incident and do they all come in "Asus sealed" packages? Just a little concerned.
Bookmarking the ebay listing for future references. Perhaps its time to rest my old HP G6 Laptop. Thanks.

"Battery Life >=3hrs while
playing Dota 2." not possible.

We paid 55.5k for it, 58k with 8gb ram upgrade. It has a mediocre AU OptronicsTN panel, only 45% color gamut. It's a standard laptop, not an ultrabook. It looks small though, it gives around 4hrs on regular usage including heavy browsing, movies, and 20 mins gaming. You can modify the power management settings to get more juice. I think it should last 2.5hrs on only Dota 2. Stop counting the cells, the capacity of the cells matter the most nowadays. Regarding the packing and warranty I would recommend you to read this thread or contact the seller directly.

I'm playing dota 2 and csgo on it too. Runs both the titles without lag @ full on 1080p. Max Temps reach 82C for CPU and 74C for Gpu, idle Temps 56C CPU and 53C Gpu, room temp 27C.

Can you please tell me about the Ram you bought? I mean which brand and model?

Dude is the original RAM soldered???

I have ordered for bro and wanna know if I can replace it by DDR4 RAM.

Hey guys, I was following this thread since a while and just registered here to thank the users @aman.pitbull and @joel.elias.333 for giving fair insights about the laptop they purchased. I also purchased the same from the same seller yesterday. Although a lot of my queries are already answered by you guys, I still have a couple more.

I've noticed that in the 'show off' thread created by @aman.pitbull he mentions that the HDD included is 7200 rpm, where as @joel.elias.333 mentions elsewhere that for him it's 5400 rpm. Is it true that you received 2 different configs even after purchasing the identical model? Also, was everything shipped correctly (as I saw the shipment was extremely delayed for you guys)?

@aman.pitbull so are you saying the screen is not as good as claimed?
Who had claimed what!
Your base reference of comparison matters, I would say it is decent, a graphic designer / photoshop user would say it's very bad.

No, the ram is not soldered, you get two slots for ddr3. Regarding the model and type, I'll ping you once the spare ram fits in and works as it is supposed to.

At the hiked price it's selling at it is no longer a worthy option, cause of the questionable warranty and that you will have to spend an additional 2.5k on the extra 4gb memory.

Hey guys, I was following this thread since a while and just registered here to thank the users @aman.pitbull and @joel.elias.333 for giving fair insights about the laptop they purchased. I also purchased the same from the same seller yesterday. Although a lot of my queries are already answered by you guys, I still have a couple more.

I've noticed that in the 'show off' thread created by @aman.pitbull he mentions that the HDD included is 7200 rpm, where as @joel.elias.333 mentions elsewhere that for him it's 5400 rpm. Is it true that you received 2 different configs even after purchasing the identical model? Also, was everything shipped correctly (as I saw the shipment was extremely delayed for you guys)?
Guys any reply regarding this? I believe the post was awaiting moderator approval which delayed the posting.

Guys any reply regarding this? I believe the post was awaiting moderator approval which delayed the posting.
drive.PNG

Seller shipped my item yesterday. Hope it'll reach Bangalore by Monday morning, else I have to wait 2 weeks to get the Laptop. :(

Seller shipped my item yesterday. Hope it'll reach Bangalore by Monday morning, else I have to wait 2 weeks to get the Laptop. :(
Yeah mine got shipped as well. Expected delivery date on Blue Dart website is showing as tomorrow itself (am also in Blore). Can't wait.
Thanks for the info man. What about the other user who bought it along with you. @joel.elias.333 can you also confirm if your laptop has the same HDD as @aman.pitbull? Because in the listing (from which you guys bought it) it was mentioned as 5400rpm. I know I'm bringing up the same subject again and again but I need to know that I didn't pay the extra few thousands to get a slower HDD (5400rpm performs poorly at games with constant texture-streaming).

Thanks for the info man. What about the other user who bought it along with you. @joel.elias.333 can you also confirm if your laptop has the same HDD as @aman.pitbull? Because in the listing (from which you guys bought it) it was mentioned as 5400rpm. I know I'm bringing up the same subject again and again but I need to know that I didn't pay the extra few thousands to get a slower HDD (5400rpm performs poorly at games with constant texture-streaming).

It was seller's mistake I think. After aman.pitbull pointed out a few things, he corrected them in the new listing. Here are things he corrected.

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 (1x4GB, 1 slot unused, MAX support 16GB)
HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM

Link to the listing we bought: http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=231581430628&view=all&tid=1189211514013

Link to the new listing: http://www.ebay.in/itm/ASUS-ROG-GL5...-1TB-15-6-Full-HD-4GB-Graphics-/231581430628?

It was seller's mistake I think. After aman.pitbull pointed out a few things, he corrected them in the new listing. Here are things he corrected.

Link to the listing we bought: http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=231581430628&view=all&tid=1189211514013

Link to the new listing: http://www.ebay.in/itm/ASUS-ROG-GL5...-1TB-15-6-Full-HD-4GB-Graphics-/231581430628?

I bought from the following link-
https://m.ebay.in/mobinweb/itm/321774694429?_mwBanner=1

It's a new listing ₹500 less.

Yeah I hope so. I guess I just have to wait till I get my hands on the actual thing to clear the rest of my doubts. Thanks anyway.

Hey, i am planning on buying the Asus Rog from the same seller. I just need a thumbs up from someone who has bought it.. Aman? joel?
Or should i get the HP Envy 15-K201tx?:nailbiting:
Primary, secondary and tertiary use is Gaming, Gaming and Gaming only..!:yum:

I looked up at some gaming laptops which have similar features and specifications as the aforementioned Asus ROG laptop. Laptops with GTX 950M cost a lot more than this one so i feel its a very VFM product but only IF the warranty claims is genuine.
And to those people who are thinking "why get this when i can buy the Lenovo Y-whatever 'gaming' laptop at cheaper price" i want to say this and other gaming laptops are "dedicated" gaming laptops and the Lenovo laptops which come with decent GPUs and other specs are just "normal" laptops with good specs. Just saying because i saw some posts online in which many people recommended non-dedicated gaming laptops over dedicated ones just because they were cheaper. But then again its your money.

Forgot to reply to something:
"Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?
It does not matter whether you are a "techy" or non-techy. Everyone needs warranty support. Unless you are rich and plan to dump in the garbage if it has a problem which you connot solve. Also mind you that laptop's repair charges (at authorized service centers) are usually higher than a desktop component esp when the motherboard needs to be replaced which comes to thousands and even more for a premium product. Just a warning to people who think that they can do fine without warranty.

Back