Laptops Buying Asus GL552JX laptop from Ebay for 55k

Does extending the laptop warranty to 3 yrs offer any benefit for a techy user ?

• Total voters
Guys beware of buying any ROG notebook, they've a BIOS bug. Changing the boot order with the ssd+hdd results in a black-blank screen after POST. Even resetting / hard-resetting the BIOS won't work if that happens. I can confirm that the following models have this issue:
g551, g751, g752, gl552, and a few more.
Hi,
Can you please provide more details? I tried searching but could not find anything related to this issue. Any idea if it has been fixed? What series of steps causes this issue?

Did u get mobo changed for free under warranty? I want to be 100% sure that warranty for such hardware issues can be availed in India before going for Thailand imported model.

Heard experience of one fellow who had to ship lenovo y50 back to Singapore to get mobo changed even after having international warranty. I can't imagine companies have conditions too to give international warranty for repairs.

What is the point in having such warranty at all then.

I'm in the US, they imported the Mobo from Thailand and repaired it for me. These g series laptops are actually sort of an unfinished product, the bios should be able to reset/hard reset but this issue leads to a hard brick, the same issue is present in g752 too.

I'm in the US, they imported the Mobo from Thailand and repaired it for me. These g series laptops are actually sort of an unfinished product, the bios should be able to reset/hard reset but this issue leads to a hard brick, the same issue is present in g752 too.

So, now you can change boot order or issue is still there with new mobo too? And i assume you got mobo replacement for free as you havent mentioned it. Did you find info online where Indian users of this Thailand imported model got mobo replaced for free too?

I'm not going to fiddle with the boot order again, cant take the 1 month of downtime. For starters, earlier my lappy used to boot into kali via a live boot USB. Now it does not even detect a live boot USB (BIOS locked).

The laptop is now listed at 64k, is it a different model or has the price gone up since mentioned in the thread title?

Yes. Price is bumped up now. It's was available for 60k approx few days ago. Don't know what's the difference. May be now one can use coupons on it. Till now I could never use any coupon on this laptops listing to save up more even though it was never showed as eBay promoted deal.

Yes. Price is bumped up now. It's was available for 60k approx few days ago. Don't know what's the difference. May be now one can use coupons on it. Till now I could never use any coupon on this laptops listing to save up more even though it was never showed as eBay promoted deal.

There are two listings now. One on which you can apply a coupon (Price: Rs. 66,666) and another on which you cannot (Price: Rs. 62,3xx).

There are two listings now. One on which you can apply a coupon (Price: Rs. 66,666) and another on which you cannot (Price: Rs. 62,3xx).

Yea, the sellers always do that, one for the coupons and one without, most times the net value is same/similar from both deals.

can anyone confirm number of ram slots for this laptop and currently being used one? I am hearing it has ram soldered on mobo and only one slot is available for upgrade. Preferably for ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM291D model which is currently listed.

Would appreciate urgent reply as i am not sure how many are in stock which will vanish anytime now since 63k listing is offline now.

can anyone confirm number of ram slots for this laptop and currently being used one? I am hearing it has ram soldered on mobo and only one slot is available for upgrade. Preferably for ASUS ROG GL552JX-DM291D model which is currently listed.

Would appreciate urgent reply as i am not sure how many are in stock which will vanish anytime now since 63k listing is offline now.

There are 2 RAM slots. One of them has a 4 GB module installed, the other one is free.

Back