Buying from Decathlon

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Anyone bought any products from Decathlon http://www.decathlon.in/ There is no COD and they have some very good products for hiking and trekking but I am skeptical buying it without COD option. If anyone has bought any products from them, how is their delivery. Please suggest.

Since there is a store in Chennai I reckon you visit their store. I do buy from Decathlon but only from their store here in Pune.
I have had good exp so far. But again it depends on the product that you are buying. Visit their store only to experience the vast variety available under one roof if you have never been there.
https://stores.decathlon.in/city/Chennai

Their product quality is ok for the price, I wanted to try out a desi brand and ordered a pair last week but my experience wasn't good tbh.
The product took 5 days to reach me, they didn't ship the pair in a box but used a crumpled up plastic bag instead.
One of the shoes had slightly rounded stitching making the pair look disproportionate and the fit wasn't uniform either.
I had to return it ofc but it's definitely worth giving a shot if you walk into a store and check for minor defects yourself.

u77GVRR.jpg

Since there is a store in Chennai I reckon you visit their store. I do buy from Decathlon but only from their store here in Pune.
I have had good exp so far. But again it depends on the product that you are buying. Visit their store only to experience the vast variety available under one roof if you have never been there.
https://stores.decathlon.in/city/Chennai

Yes, they have two stores in Chennai but both of them are quite far off from where I am so thought of buying it online. Let me see if I can check out their store this weekend.

Their product quality is ok for the price, I wanted to try out a desi brand and ordered a pair last week but my experience wasn't good tbh.
The product took 5 days to reach me, they didn't ship the pair in a box but used a crumpled up plastic bag instead.
One of the shoes had slightly rounded stitching making the pair look disproportionate and the fit wasn't uniform either.
I had to return it ofc but it's definitely worth giving a shot if you walk into a store and check for minor defects yourself.

u77GVRR.jpg
Precisely this is the reason I was afraid to buy it online from them. They do not have any quality checks I suppose. I like their Quechua branded hiking boots/shoes. However, I think it is advisable to buy it from the store. Hope you received your refund.

I think they are a UK brand.
I have never tried their online but always satisfied with buying offline from their stores.

^ decathalon is a pretty good brand internationally. Their stores are awesome. Sales people there are always helpful and will take time needed to get good gear for any activity you mention to them. They are NOT desi by any means :p

I don't think they are selling any international brands in India. They have a hiking/trekking shoes by the name of Quechua which is not listed in any of the other countries website. Almost all products are made in India and they are smartly using the Decathlon name to market the products manufactured in India. The price looks very cheap but dunno about the quality of the product.

I have shopped at Decathlon a few times in bangalore and really like them esp they did honor their return policy twice for me...I am currently in Singapore and I saw pretty much the same brands and items here that i saw back in bangalore (obviously overpriced here to match SG expectations compared to India).

I don't think they are selling any international brands in India. They have a hiking/trekking shoes by the name of Quechua which is not listed in any of the other countries website. Almost all products are made in India and they are smartly using the Decathlon name to market the products manufactured in India. The price looks very cheap but dunno about the quality of the product.
Do not be alarmed, quechua is a french brand and its available in almost all decathalon stores. Friend bought me a coat from decathalon london. Pretty good.

As for indian decathalon , almost all the products I bought in india are either made in china or taiwan. I don't think they have manufacturing in india. And as far as quality goes, its top notch, definitely higher than the price they ask for it.

I currently have trekking shoes, gloves , beanie, raincoat, trekking bag and gym hoodie from decathalon and they've been top notch

Almost 80% of my sports and training gear is from Decathlon. They're all worth it. I agree that some products have QC issues, but at the price they go for they're still value for money.

Thing is if your product has quality issues (which happen very rarely) or if the products break during normal operation, they'e more than willing to exchange your product on the spot.

I have a quechua sleeping bag, which tore slightly during a trek. I just left them a mail not expecting anything but they replied within few hours asking me to visit local decathalon to exchange the product free of cost. That was nice. Made me a customer for life.

I've bought all my trekking gear as well as my btwin rockrider from there. Totally worth it

I've generally been happy when buying from them. Delivery is painfully slow sometimes, but for the price you're paying, it's worth waiting a bit longer.

Went and bought from their OMR outlet in Chennai. I tried the shoes and bought it and went for a trek near Munnar. These shoes certainly were not good for mountain trekking. After sometime I felt tremendous pain in my lower end of the foot and also while descending the toes became very uncomfortable and painful. Luckily I had a pair of Lee Cooper and I changed it and never wore the decathlon shoes again during the entire trek. The pair cost me around 4K and I wrote a review on the same in their website and got a response from decathlon that they would replace the shoes but I asked for a refund which they have refused to give. Anyway I think I will keep away from decathlon from now on. Only good about the shoes is it had nice grip and was waterproof but was very stiff and heavy.

Maybe those shoes aren't designed for your feet. I've felt the same with some high-end shoes, the same which fit perfectly for my friend. The only thing we can compare are build quality (and the material used) and whether they perform the function they're intended for well.

The shoes had a good grip and were also waterproof according to you. They're also supposed to be stiff so that you don't twist your ankle. The weight depends on the material used. Lighter and stronger materials will be much costlier.

Went and bought from their OMR outlet in Chennai. I tried the shoes and bought it and went for a trek near Munnar. These shoes certainly were not good for mountain trekking. After sometime I felt tremendous pain in my lower end of the foot and also while descending the toes became very uncomfortable and painful. Luckily I had a pair of Lee Cooper and I changed it and never wore the decathlon shoes again during the entire trek. The pair cost me around 4K and I wrote a review on the same in their website and got a response from decathlon that they would replace the shoes but I asked for a refund which they have refused to give. Anyway I think I will keep away from decathlon from now on. Only good about the shoes is it had nice grip and was waterproof but was very stiff and heavy.
My friend had a similar experience with a Quecha shoe in Kullu. Strange!!
Luckily we had not started the trek and we were at the base camp.
Bought a shoe locally for the 10-day trek.

Last edited:
Back