Video Buying from ebay.in / Snapdeal , Local tax query (Maharashtra)

tarey_g

Adept
Hi,
I am planning to buy a LED TV online from ebay india or Snapdeal, I live in Maharashtra and the sellers are usually from Delhi or other states. If I buy the TV from ebay will I be charged Local body tax or any other kind of tax on this purchase (this type of taxes are usually payable to the courier company and are not in the original bill, you get separate bill for this and this amount goes to state govt ) ? I usually buy from flipkart (books, phones, etc) and have not paid such tax yet, still want to know as tax on this will be big if applicable.

I have paid these sh1tty taxes in octroi days , is this still applicable to the tax octroi got replaced with , ie. LBT / VAT / etc ?

Help :(

You will have to pay Octroi for item like TV, Oven or any bigger sized items.

Snapdeal gives refund of octroi, ebay does not pay you refund of octroi.

Octroi is paid by courier company which gives you the billing & have to pay on delivery.

Thanks siril_k, you are right, checked on terms and conditions page of snapdeal :

"Snapdeal offers SHIPPING for all the products on the Website as per the company's policy, which may be changed by Snapdeal without any notice to You. Octroi charges, wherever applicable, is borne and paid by the Snapdeal and not to be borne by User."
http://m.snapdeal.com/wapFaq[DOUBLEPOST=1395767634][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone with recent experience with LBT in maharashtra, its different from octroi, dont know if Snapdeal refunds that.

Last edited:
If they send using Delhivery, ecomexpress, Aramex u wont be charged octroi... Octroi is mostly charged on bluedart and FedEx shipments..

Back