Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Buying from eBay.com

I want to buy a battery from ebay.com and ship it to my friend's address in NY. But when i select 'Buy It Now' it takes me straight to the commit to buy page, there are no options to select shipping address or method. Someone please advise.

This is a pretty cool thread....

But I may have missed something......

Actually, If I want to order anything from eBay USA, say like screenguards for my gadgets...... (I need them all the time :p)
Can sumone please explain the procedure to do that...... I don't have a Credit Card.... But have 5 different Debit Cards (3 VISA & 2 Mastercard Maestros).

And what about customs & local Indian taxes?? Do sellers agree to send stuff as gifts?? I don't intend to involve ICC WW as they charge exorbitant shipping fees!!! :p

A detailed step by step guide is extremely welcome..... Thanx.... :)

Dont take screenguards from US, its just too damn costly when added with shipping & customs.

If u really want them then take coupon & take from Zagg

Praks said:
Dont take screenguards from US, its just too damn costly when added with shipping & customs.

If u really want them then take coupon & take from Zagg
Yeah..... But if I am not wrong.... Zagg too would need to be imported right?? Or do they sell in India as well??

nehaladsul said:
This is a pretty cool thread....

But I may have missed something......

Actually, If I want to order anything from eBay USA, say like screenguards for my gadgets...... (I need them all the time :p)

Can sumone please explain the procedure to do that...... I don't have a Credit Card.... But have 5 different Debit Cards (3 VISA & 2 Mastercard Maestros).

And what about customs & local Indian taxes?? Do sellers agree to send stuff as gifts?? I don't intend to involve ICC WW as they charge exorbitant shipping fees!!! :p

A detailed step by step guide is extremely welcome..... Thanx.... :)

^^^ Can sumone help please......

In ebay.in you can find the screen protectors , I suggest you to buy at local shop and the shop guy will put that to your gadget free of cost , and you can use it for more than 4 months and you can end up with max 300rs , dont waste your money on online screen protectors , its adiction , so many people dont know how to put them perfectly on the screen and they keep on buying them again and again .
Peace .
This is my thinking ,
'Scratch Guard' a well known screen protector brand in INDIA at present ,
This is just my calculation , A apple itouch screen guard costs around 500rs ,
Do you think 20 screen protectors is equal one Apple ipod itouch 8gb . o_O

There was a video online of how to put scratch guard properly. After seeing that video, I have applied scratch guards to various mobile very well, even on those tricky ones where the screen is bit recessed in the body. My 10Rs scratchguard bought in a train still goes strong on my camera A570!

Do Toshiba and Lenevo give international warranty in India? How are these deals?

http://amazonin.tarazz.com/Lenovo-G560-067999U-Laptop-Black/dp/B0040X4LZI/ref=pd_nr_pc_21?ie=UTF8&s=pc

For 28k lenevo does not even give an os and here its 4gb ram + windows

* Intel Pentium Dual Core P6100, 2.0 GHz with 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores

* 4 GB PC3-8500 1066 MHz DDR3, non parity, dual channel, two 204 pin SO-DIMM sockets, (8GB max),

* 320 GB Hard Drive, 5400 RPM, DVD RW

* 15.6" HD (1366x768) TFT color, VibrantView (glossy), LED backlight, 220 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 500:1 contrast ratio, Integrated Intel Graphics HM55

* Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 6 Cell up to 3.8 hours

http://amazonin.tarazz.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L675-S7048-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B0041LW980/ref=pd_nr_pc_2?ie=UTF8&s=pc (Rs 35,400.00)

* Intel Core i3-370M Processor 2.40 GHz, 3MB Cache

* Configured with 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (max 8GB)

* 500GB (5400 RPM); Serial ATA hard disk drive with TOSHIBA Hard Drive Impact Sensor (3D sensor)

* 17.3" diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT display at 1600 x 900 native resolution (HD+)

* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with a 6 cell/48Wh Lithium Ion battery pack

Edit: forgot about the customs and shipping which these blokes charge extra. nevermind abt the deals.

Hi Guys, Me and popo has recently started the same initiative of getting stuffs from US at minimal shipping rates .. Please note the shipping charges is $12 per 500 Gms and $10 for addition (500gms) + custom duties .. we can get anything and everything for you (except Liquids)..

killthedope said:
Hi Guys, Me and popo has recently started the same initiative of getting stuffs from US at minimal shipping rates .. Please note the shipping charges is $12 per 500 Gms and $10 for addition (500gms) + custom duties .. we can get anything and everything for you (except Liquids)..
Aramex offers the same service for $10 and $8 respectively. So there. Anyone can create an Aramex Shop 'n Ship account for $5 and avail the same facility for which you are charging $2 markup.

Back