Buying iPod Touch 4G

I am replying to your initial post. If you still intend to get it from US, I suggest you buy from amazon.com. Its rate is 289$ shipped, I believe, while the Apple US site has for 299+taxes = ~$330. The only advantage for paying $41 extra is that you have the option for getting it engraved for "free"

The infibeam prices for 32GB model is more than that at Apple site!! Will go and check out at Grey markets in Bangalore. Else I will have to ask someone from US to get it. At current Dollar levels we should get 32GB at around 14k from US!! it is 20k here..

@techno_funky: iCalled the iStore, they said that it will be available till October 15. My parents are not allowing me to buy from ebay. Also I called Alfa at Irla, their prices are 18k for 8GB, 24k for 32GB and 26k for 64GB. So I'm thinking to wait till Diwali.

@200mph: What's the price of the iPod Touch in iStore's in USA? Is it the same i.e 299$ for 32GB or some tax extra.

I don't know, but I guess they'll charge tax on the item even in the iStore, since they claim free shipping on their site.

as i have seen on apple India website i-touch 4G 32 GB was costing around 19,900/- but it's costly than in US for sure. And anyways you buy it from any where you will get the international warranty , warranty starts when you activate your i-pod using the i-tunes and only if you have not hacked it.

yeah..

one guy is selling for 18k on ebay, I think its a good deal. I'm going to wait till Diwali or I'll tell the relative from USA to buy it for me.

Yea, from the US it turns out to be at about 14.8k. If you're lucky and dont pay duty then somebody coming can get it for you. I have this aquaintance who is coming in the net 10 days, costing me about 16.5 k now. Not eactly a friend so he asked for 20$ for the rtravel and stuff since hes in a remote area.

@techno_funky: if the seller is reputed and is power seller then there is no worry to buy it from him on ebay (check the ebay link which I gave). Plus to keep your money safe the send your money using PaisaPay which will give u 100% return guarantee.

@karan_n8: Yes, If personally some one is going to bring it from US, then it will cost lot cheaper and plus no duty will be charged over baggage.

Ok well went to Alfa just now and the prices are 8gb - 14,600 16gb - 19,600 64gb - 24,600. Much better prices, will surely get a 32gb one soon.

I say get it off ebay.All you mumbai buyers, most of the Ebay links of the 32 gb ones available for anything between17.5-18.5k are from sellers based out of mumbai ! Get in touch with them and buy from them hand to hand !

cyberboy_varad said:
^that's a typo. 32GB

Those are very good prices, I think they will reduce soon as the iPod will be available in iStore.

Hahahah I asked the shop guy twice , as in are you sure these are the rite prices, he is like yes sir yes and showed me their price cards too ... lol!! and yea ill wait till diwali, lets see what the apple stores are selling at. Otherwise this is an amazing price.

^that's a pretty good price. Go for it. and BTW where are you getting it so cheap?

@techno_funky: hope it will be available till Diwali, BTW did you check the Apple Peel 520? its just awesome..

Back