Less than 10K Buying new smart phone upto 10K

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", Preferable gorilla

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Kitkat (7.1) and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Good battery, Camera, internet 4G

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Yes

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online. Used can also go.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage should be more than 32GB. Else 16GB can also work.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: K3 Note

Phones which I like: Lenovo Z2+, 10.orE & G (3GB varients), Asus zenfone 3 and Honor 9 lite (least liked by me)

Which do you think is the best VFM phone out of the above? I will also be trying ROMs on the phone after the end of its warranty time.

https://www.91mobiles.com/compare/Lenovo/Zuk+Z2/vs/Asus/Zenfone+3/vs/Honor/9+Lite.html

Last edited:
^ newer moto phones don't get updates that often now these days. lenovo completely destroyed the brand
I completely agree. After the takeover by Lenovo, Moto stopped receiving updates. In fact, I have a then top of the line Moto X Force perfectly capable of working on VoLTE. Moto just refused to patch the software to enable VoLTE functionality though there were huge number of demands for that feature. All that the customers were asking for was a patch not an upgrade of version. With that I, who was a fan of Lenovo (various note phones) and Moto, have switched my loyalties to companies that promise to provide regular updates (Such as Smartron) and deliver on the promises.

I don't know what to do looking at that list. I already just bought a Redmi Note 5.

If you want me to pick one phone from there, then I will only buy the Moto G5S Plus because I was going to buy that phone instead of the RN 5. All the others - Huawei, Honor, Micromax, Lenovo, Oppo, etc I would stay away. My previous phone was a Honor and it never received any updates. At the rate at which new security flaws are coming out, its better to buy a phone which atleast gets security updates. On the RN5 I got 2 security updates since I bought the phone. Only Moto does security updates in that list. Not even Lenovo phones get updates as much as Moto phones.

I have gone through all the above and as per my find, zenfone 3 is the best looking phone with best camera but as it's battery is low, I have no option to increase my budget and get redmi note 5 pro. As this is one phone whose camera is better than others as zf3 gold is costing 12k and this will cost me 14k. Will try to buy it tomorrow. A new phona Xiaomi a2 has also been launched. Will also take look on it.https://www.smartprix.com/mobiles/xiaomi-mi-a2-p110103d2nqg

Last edited:
A new phona Xiaomi a2 has also been launched.
This would probably be priced 15K and above.

If you could suggest any other decent phone in 7k approx with good camera, i will prefer to but 2 phones than one by spending 14k

For 7k, there is again Xiaomi Redmi 5 available I think. But please do not keep very high hopes for camera. Instead, let's look at this as best camera available around 7K mark.

Isn't A1 short for Android 1. Is there Android 2 or something?
The only new phone I saw on Xiaomi's site is Mi Mix 2S. No A2 to be found on any site of Xiaomi anywhere.

Tried my luck through 3 accounts, 2 on PC and one on mobile but the cart went circling for nearly 1 hour but in the end all carts were empty even on a high speed broadband connected pc. My bad, now :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There is nothing wrong with buying "old sets"...
You can look at eBay.in where you can find imported phones at very good prices. The lg g5 for example , you can buy it at 12_13k.
I am a regular buyer and user of imported handsets.
No I don't have any affiliate link.
The G5 would be a fantastic option for anyone interested in camera

I tried local ship and they are asking rs.1000 extra[DOUBLEPOST=1522301528][/DOUBLEPOST]
The G5 would be a fantastic option for anyone interested in camera

Is there any trick / method to buy Redmi phones on sale as I tried via 2 pc and one mobile apk but i was not successful. I could'nt even see when it showed as available and suddenly it showed sold out.....

Last edited:
If you want Redmi Note 5, its available at Croma online for 500 extra. The Pro version is not available anywhere in stores.

There is no trick to buy the phones. Its just luck. Just use Chrome browser since its faster than firefox. I tried both firefox, chrome and flipkart app. the app was the slowest to update. firefox was slow (it loads entire page), whereas chrome was fastest. it just loaded what was different - buy now and cart buttons. you have to start refreshing the page from 11:58 onwards because thats when around 11:58-11:59 the sale starts. Then just click on the add to cart button and hopefully you can get to check out.

Why dont you get Redmi Note 5 instead of pro. The camera isnt great, but rest everything is insane for the price. The 625 is a very well supported phone. Miui 9.5 improves the notification panel and with Nova Launcher prime, its a great experience. Im using it and its pretty great what you get for the price. The screen is good too, and that aspect ratio is awesome.

Why dont you get Redmi Note 5 instead of pro. The camera isnt great, but rest everything is insane for the price. The 625 is a very well supported phone. Miui 9.5 improves the notification panel and with Nova Launcher prime, its a great experience. I’m using it and its pretty great what you get for the price. The screen is good too, and that aspect ratio is awesome.

I think the camera is really good in this phone. No visible artefacts if you choose good exposure settings.

I think you can get a used smartphone in a better condition in 10k INR including Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung S3, Lenovo Tab 2, and many more. These are better smartphones to buy in such an amount! Which phone do you have right now?

Back