Buying Panasonic cordless phone from USA, warning

rajil.s

Adept
It seems that most Panasonic cordless phones in USA have their design changed. Previously, the satellite/secondary handsets used to have detachable chargers so one could replace the 120V with a 220V easily. However, these now have 120V chargers fixed to the cradle, so unless one chops off the wire it is useless.

Just wanted to put it out there so everybody be cautious. Probably it is better to buy cordless from India itself.

No
I had got year back its was 120 detachable charger . Went to Panasonic service centre they gave 240V charger for 400/450 bucks

I thought they used to use give dual voltage chargers, since it would simplify their SKUs, with just the front pin change?
Panasonic has had some USA only SKUs earlier also, which just had the 120V adapter bundled with them.

Previously, the satellite/secondary handsets used to have detachable chargers so one could replace the 120V with a 220V easily. However, these now have 120V chargers fixed to the cradle, so unless one chops off the wire it is useless.
If its just for the tiny satellite base, one can get replacement bases from the Panasonic service centre as well, since most are cross compatible for a given range of phones. I have done that for one of my satellite bases which fell and broke. I used to get my cordless from the US as well, because of the range of models available and cost factor.

Here is what the satellite cradle looks like now (KX-TGD533W). Notice the charger wire cannot be detached. The charger is only 120V, model PNLV233 with input 120V~60HZ 100mA and output 4.8V/160mA. The base/main station still has a detachable charger though, PNLV226, Input 120V~60 Hz 100mA and output 5.5V 500mA.

Anybody knows a good 2/3 handset on Amazon India?

7tloor1.jpg
No
I had got year back its was 120 detachable charger . Went to Panasonic service centre they gave 240V charger for 400/450 bucks
What is your model number?

Last edited:
Here is what the satellite cradle looks like now (KX-TGD533W). Notice the charger wire cannot be detached. The charger is only 120V, model PNLV233 with input 120V~60HZ 100mA and output 4.8V/160mA. The base/main station still has a detachable charger though, PNLV226, Input 120V~60 Hz 100mA and output 5.5V 500mA.

Anybody knows a good 2/3 handset on Amazon India?

What is your model number?
Need to check
kept it somewhere in box . The 4G onslaught made me close the BSNL landline

Back