Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G3
RAM: Kingson(2*2GB) 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz
GPU: Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5
HDD: WD 500GB Blue AAKS 16MB buffer
Cabinet: Cooler Master CM310
SMPS: Corsair VX450
Optical Drive: Sony DVD R/W SATA
My dads going to the US this week so i decided to ask him to buy some parts from there because i think its a lot cheaper...i'll buy the rest from bangalore and then assemble it together...
>>So exactly what parts do you think i should get from the US.????
>>Will buying outside make my warranty void??
>>Will he have to pay excise duty for carrying pc hardware??
>>Do you guys usually assemble all the parts yourself?I'm a n00b at this...so will any regular computerwala know how to assemble this computer??
please tell me the components that are a lot cheaper in the US...i dont think he can buy all of it because he might run into trouble for carrying it...please tell me what u guys think....

look dude processor is same as US very less difference and u ll get no warranty,

order smps,gfx card,ram stuff like that will be cheaper i guess

check newegg.com and deltapage.com or prime abgb something sites

check out for good graphics card & HDDs thats cheap in US

Take WD HDD from US, you can claim warranty in India.

Let me know if you need more help .

Praks said:
check out for good graphics card & HDDs thats cheap in US

Take WD HDD from US, you can claim warranty in India.

Let me know if you need more help .

k guys...
I checked the prices of all items at newegg and i found these to be considerably cheaper than the indian price...so i decided to buy these
Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770 1GB
Biostar TA790GXB3
Corsair VX450
>>are these ok??
>>I'm guessing i should'nt buy the PSU since it will have weird 110V US power input instead of 220V indian??I dont mind buying one of those US-Indian power converters is that a good option?
>>I have to ask this again...Can a local computer-guy around my place assemble my pc for me or maybe is it simple enough to do myself??I'm asking since i've never done this before...

Dont buy the motherboard there, Buy things like the ODD,GPU and HDD's. You can assemble it yourself its really easy ,if you need help the forums and youtube are good places. Using a PSU with the voltage converter is not recommended. What was you source for the Bangalore prices?

Go to S.P road one day and check out the prices in the shops, they are a little rude and arrogant sometimes but bare with it. :eek:hyeah:

Also remember that the parts can get damaged while traveling, it happened to me. They are not being shipped by a professional.

I had got the 4GB DDR3-1600 Gskill Ripjaw series RAM for my comp from Canada. It was like 2.5K cheaper. My suggestion would be to get the RAM, MB and GPU. Go for Gigabyte 890GX based MB :p

rohan-04 said:
Dont buy the motherboard there, Buy things like the ODD,GPU and HDD's. You can assemble it yourself its really easy ,if you need help the forums and youtube are good places. Using a PSU with the voltage converter is not recommended. What was you source for the Bangalore prices?

Go to S.P road one day and check out the prices in the shops, they are a little rude and arrogant sometimes but bare with it. :eek:hyeah:

Also remember that the parts can get damaged while traveling, it happened to me. They are not being shipped by a professional.

k...i think i'll buy the gpu and ram...Any particular reason i shouldnt buy the mobo from there because its really a lot cheaper over there...

Look at these prices...

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TA790GX A3+ AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
if i'm buying the mobo from here i'll have to cut down to 2GB ram...2GB ram sounds bad man...:ashamed:
@askids:
had got the 4GB DDR3-1600 Gskill Ripjaw series RAM for my comp from Canada. It was like 2.5K cheaper. My suggestion would be to get the RAM, MB and GPU. Go for Gigabyte 890GX based MB

^^^i'd love to buy that buy it but my parents put me on a tight budget...:(

No particular reason. It was just that when i brought mine for the U.K it just didnt work in India took it to MSI they did all sorts of thing's it still didnt work. In the end they just blamed it on the X-Ray thing in the airport. So its better to spend 2.5k more than to loose the whole 9k or 10k.:)

buy everything from s.p road.. there will be no hicupps... Will get full min 3 year warranty also peace of mind..If your dad is getting box piece you will need to pay heavy tx. My bro bought me a xbox 360 pro paid Rs5000+ i guess for customs :) here EXTRA he bought a box piece .. Which totally sucks!!

kaneunderground said:
buy everything from s.p road.. there will be no hicupps... Will get full min 3 year warranty also peace of mind..If your dad is getting box piece you will need to pay heavy tx. My bro bought me a xbox 360 pro paid Rs5000+ i guess for customs :) here EXTRA he bought a box piece .. Which totally sucks!!

Thats the trick. Dont get the item box packed atleast for items like ps2, xbox etc. You can get the item in your suitcase without the packing. If you still want to carry the packing, open the box, flatten it out and place it on the bottom of your suitcase. This will act as a good protection for other items in your suitcase :eek:hyeah:

All said and done, for motherboard, you cant help it. You will need to get the box pack only. However I don't think you will end up paying so much extra. Unless, you are carrying too much electronics, custom officers don't trouble you much.

If you take my advice save your self the time, the wait and the risk, Just head down to S.p road one day and pick up everything. Its a really good feeling you get when you are there on that road...lol :D

@kaneunderground i think you got ripped off. As anything under $500 is free from duty. You just need to carry the bill with you. Infact my friend simply denied to pay a dime when customs insisted he needs to pay up as he brought everything sealed pack. Infact he had stuff approx $1000 but he showed them 1 bill of $480 and customs didn't check in detail.

Just make sure whatever you get is less than $500 and you carry the bill with you.

Gauviz : who knew about all that bro came in dec for xmax holidays he told he had to pay hell lot of customs no worries he earns a lot :) lol.... thought of asking him to get gpu now i have dropped ideas about that .. Its good to buy in India that too our local places for much extra benefit... TRUST ME

Get stuff which has international warranty like a Sapphire graphics card, Corsair RAM (IIRC, they have international warranty).

Get the rest from India.

Back