Buying PS3 :: Firmware dillemma

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dude, Killzone 3 requires 3.55 firmware and not 3.60. The first 3.60 game was Portal 2 and the games released post that. :p

Hector congrats for your console. :)
I guess it was 3.56 i remember it wasn't playable when it was leaked.May yes may be not

dinjo said:
I guess it was 3.56 i remember it wasn't playable when it was leaked.May yes may be not
It was 3.55. I remember it correctly. Perhaps, you might have been on 3.41, which required the EBOOT file.

Spacescreamer said:
Grr... And nothing to my credit .. the first person to reply.. :mad:

Congrats in advance :) (touchwood)

Sorry bro. But we spoke on zeee phone.

Got the unit dudes.....! Unpacked it, and had a darn time putting it back. No game disc as of now.

asingh said:
Sorry bro. But we spoke on zeee phone.

Got the unit dudes.....! Unpacked it, and had a darn time putting it back. No game disc as of now.
What the...? That was fast. Congrats man. Welcome to the consolehood. :D

Gannu said:
Hearty congrats! :D

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the nice advice you gave.

Ethan_Hunt said:
What the...? That was fast. Congrats man. Welcome to the consolehood. :D

Yea, yesterday you told me about getting a PS3 on the MK IX thread. :) Actually was on personal leave today, and came to Green Park for din din, so saw a unit.

hellgate said:
congrats dood.... btw wat fw is it on?

if u have a fast internet connection then getting a game is as long as a few hours ;)
Not even hooked it up. Still at my friends house. Console is all boxed still. Just verified the physical contents.

asingh said:
Yea, yesterday you told me about getting a PS3 on the MK IX thread. :) Actually was on personal leave today, and came to Green Park for din din, so saw a unit.

Excellent. Now we can all be a part of the console games discussion. :)

Aman27deep said:
Congrats so much! PS3 is a purchase i won't regret EVER, and you won't either too. :D

Thank you my friend.
Ethan_Hunt said:
Excellent. Now we can all be a part of the console games discussion. :)

Yups, I will not feel left out discussing KZ3 and MK series with gaming stalwarts.

dinjo said:
So we have lots of PS3 games now, this JB has opened up the gates now

Sure has, for sure. They seem to be vanishing of the shelves. I explained the old import date logic to the shop keeper. Big mouth open.

^^ But as new games which require FW above 3.55 arrive, these oldies would start losing value. Good if you are okay with game library which runs fine on older FW.

Otaku said:
^^ But as new games which require FW above 3.55 arrive, these oldies would start losing value. Good if you are okay with game library which runs fine on older FW.
3.56 can be applied an EBOOT patch and played on the kmeaw 3.55, though we're still waiting for a 3.60 one, but i am sure we'd get that very soon also.

Ok, my console hosted BIOS 3.41. Moved it to BIOS 3.55, and fired up KZ3 which I purchased today.

Mouth open for quite a while. Damn...! And when the controller shook in my hand -- almost dropped it. This is my first console viewing. Amazed, simply amazed. Is the PS3 optimized or what...? Heck..!

Cannot write more, will put more detailed images and a candid mini-review of this device. Though the controls are taking time to get used too. Specially the right orbital axis. Really difficult.

Thanks to: (alphabetical)

Aman27deep

Ethan_Hunt

Gannu

hector19

hellgate

Spacescreamer

Vasishta.Sushant

If I missed out anyone, apologies.

I have been bothering these guys past 48H with phone calls and PMs. Gosh. So sorry guys...! First time for me.

Last but not the least, thanks to Techenclave. Game hard -- shoot straight. :)

-Anil

Back