Buying TV this Diwali

I am planning to buy a 40 /42 / 43 inch non smart LED TV this Diwali. I would happy to pick one of the mainstream models in that range. Which screen size should I opt for ? I have Chromecast 2 with me. So, I would like to go for a non smart TV at the moment. Is Diwali the best time to go for it on Flipkart / Amazon ? Any models that you can suggest ? 2HDMI and 2 USB ports, if I can manage. Is HDR an option in sub 40K price range ?

I would be looking to take it through EMI. What are my options ?

Look at the offers from FK and AMZN before jumping ship. Compare card offers. I would also suggest to look offline as well, and apply for Bajaj Finance card as always no cost emi is not available.

Also, its not Diwali, its about buying when there are offers if you know you might want it.

About smart TV - that's a good choice, but see if there is any cost difference as well between smart and non smart.

if there is any cost difference as well between smart and non smart.

Smart TVs are insanely expensive compared to non smart ones. My concern is that I do not want to be tied to the OS they put in it.

apply for Bajaj Finance card as always no cost emi is not available.

What is good about it ? I remember seeing a TVC some time back

its not Diwali, its about buying when there are offers if you know you might want it.

I am in no hurry. There is no urgency in my part. Since Diwali is up soon, I was hoping better offers from online stores. Last time when I checked, the offline stores, they were asking 24 K+ for something that was been on sale at Flipkart for ₹ 16.5K

Edit :

Which brand do you suggest ? Sony seems to be too expensive compared to LG and Samsung.

Smart TVs are insanely expensive compared to non smart ones. My concern is that I do not want to be tied to the OS they put in it.

What is good about it ? I remember seeing a TVC some time back

I am in no hurry. There is no urgency in my part. Since Diwali is up soon, I was hoping better offers from online stores. Last time when I checked, the offline stores, they were asking 24 K+ for something that was been on sale at Flipkart for ₹ 16.5K

Edit :

Which brand do you suggest ? Sony seems to be too expensive compared to LG and Samsung.

The latest TV i bought last year is a VU TV.

Bajaj fin allows zero EMI. Think of it as another card to be kept, like a CC.

If no hurry, check the offers and look comparison sites like desidime to see if its a good deal.

Which screen size should I opt for ?

This can be decided based on viewing distance. Thumb rule is (viewing distance in inches /2) = screen size.

Yes, Sony will be expensive among mainstream brands. Check for LG. If you do not mind VU, check that as well on eCommerce sites. Another point to note is extended warranty including panel. Try to look for deal which has this. I have got my LG TV covered for 1+2 years including panel. It is going strong since 2.5 years now.

Get the Vu 49 inch TV from Flipkart. Online it is for 30000 and in reliance digital it was selling on MRP (39000). I compared the video quality against SONY, SAMSUNG, Reconnect and Panasonic TVs and it was much better than same size Panasonic and Reconnect. Even Samsung was comparable although SONY was in a class of its own (so was its price).

I am confused between 40 /42 / 43" . Which is the standard size with good models ?

Are they good enough ? I mean, picture quality and after sales support.

I would say get 43" screen. Novelty will soon wear out of owning big screen. So getting biggest screen you can fit in your home and budget should make sense. For VU, I have not owned them but generally read positive on PQ. About, after sales service, anyone who have availed it can comment. Plus, after sales service is more of area specific these days. LG service is great in my area, but same might not be true for other towns.

Back