bypassing sancharnet login for mail??

C

casablanca

ok am back with another mail problem :D

the prob is that i have two accounts right now with two ISP's
VSNL
and
Sancharnet(read BSNL)

Now i use thunderbird's single smtp server to send mail from different accounts like gmail, yahoo etc using address in reply of that account.
eg
for gmail
send through vsnl smtp
reply address(from address actually) of gmail
so that when a person replies, it comes to my gmai/yahoo etc account rather than vsnl.

this was working pretty well for 6 months but now it seems vsnl is rejecting any other from address other than its own(eg it accepts from VSNL.xx only)
so the point is i can't send any mail from gmail,yahoo,hotmail etc via smtp of vsnl(which earlier i could)(and no i wanted to avoid all those poppers so don't use them)

So VSNl is gone..

checked up my dot account. and although it allows you to send mail with any from address there is another major prob there. It turns out i have to be on DOT account(internet) to use its email. eg i can't send it from vsnl internet account. Prob is my dot account is limited hours and VSNL is unlimted.. so am mostly on VSNL.
I have to log off vsnl, go to bsnl account and send mail which is pretty time consuming and ofcourse drains my internet hours in BSNL account.

What i am looking for?
1) either some way around of this from field problem in the VSNL account
2) Or some way around to use sancharnet while am on VSNL ISP account.

i found this on net.. nearest to my problem.. if dynamic dns is a solution then how to make it work?
http://plug.org.in/pipermail/plug-mail/2003-November/010123.html

why not use the sancharnet just for mails ;)
i guess its a stop gap arrangement. From my experience i guess no normal paid providers in India atleast (rediff, indiatimes) allow proxy from addressing. Cos after all they want you to keep an id also.

As far as a bypass goes, you can try a paid sevice at dyndns that does do mail relay and forward.. but its paid so the essence of the idea is lost. If there is any other way, I guess i am interested too..

Btw changed thread title to more suitable one.

Back