c++ compiler in 64 bit

shivam99aa

Disciple
can anybody suggest me how can we can we install turbo c in a 64 bit system.i got fed up of searching but leads to zero success even compiler downloaded from net written with 64 bit caompatile version is not running on my laptop.it is a compaq cq40 model with windows 7 on 2gb ram and a dual core processor.

Turbo C/C++ can never run on 64 bit windows as it is a 16 bit executable. You need to use VC++ or gcc as suggested above. Another thing you try to do is use 32 bit Windows 7, it might work (I haven't tried this so I am not sure).

What if person wants to run functions of graphics.h? Is there any alternative that functions of graphics.h can be implemented by any other compiler. If so, then do let me know since me too looking for the same.

mayanksahni said:
What if person wants to run functions of graphics.h? Is there any alternative that functions of graphics.h can be implemented by any other compiler. If so, then do let me know since me too looking for the same.
What's the api in there? Sorry, I don't recollect much, cause as I said, its stone age. Are you talking of drawing on canvas? Tried gcc or vcc? They both have it, try google. In my times, it was way difficult, cause google wasn't there. Now it is, why don't you use it?

+LT

well discovered it ..as in class 10, I used to use netbeans while others were satisfied on blueJ :p So in 12th also needed something of same kind and all suggested VC++ , But for school purpose it seemed a bit over the top for me :) so this was the best suited app . BTW borland 5.02 also works on Win7x64 but codeblocks is a better one at the job.

well technically speaking you dont need a 64 bit compiler or 64 bit machine to create 64 bit binaries. i dont exactly remember the term (its something like binary portability or something) but all you need is the required libraries. thats how VLC media player is built on linux boxes for windows OS.

google for toolchain.

thats true, and its called cross-compiling :) to build windows binaries on linux (and then you can test them on wine!) you use gcc/mingw i believe

booo said:
well technically speaking you dont need a 64 bit compiler or 64 bit machine to create 64 bit binaries. i dont exactly remember the term (its something like binary portability or something) but all you need is the required libraries. thats how VLC media player is built on linux boxes for windows OS.

google for toolchain.
Well the tool chain is a noun used for collection of tools *like* compiler, linker etc. he needs a compiler/linker which can output a 64 bit portable executable (for windows). Now this compiler/linker can itself be a 32 bit application. So he does need it directly or indirectly(using some tool chain). For example our toolchain take its compiler from windws SDK.

well c downloaded from gcc is rather a bit more like vb in way isnt a compiler a lot like turbo and vc++ is not available as freeware,it is available on paid version which is rather too costly for me.

Back