c++ compiler in 64 bit

shivam99aa said:
well c downloaded from gcc is rather a bit more like vb in way isnt a compiler a lot like turbo and vc++ is not available as freeware,it is available on paid version which is rather too costly for me.
How did you arrive to that kind of understanding? When I said gcc is used almost in production, it certainly is a compiler. What are you talking about?

+LT

shivam99aa said:
well c downloaded from gcc is rather a bit more like vb in way isnt a compiler a lot like turbo and vc++ is not available as freeware,it is available on paid version which is rather too costly for me.

Visual Studio (VC++) is also available as express edition which is free.

Use Dev C++ that will provide close to classroom experience. Use compatability options to execute non iso code . It is a pure 32bit compiler (all progs compiled will run under its process name) . TurboC is 16bit compiler and WinXP uses 16bit emulator to run this.......

smnrock said:
Express editions doesnt support 64-bit development!

I was able to install VC++ exp edition on my Win 7 ultimate x64 box.

EDIT: I rechecked the site, its no where written that x64 is not supported.

more edit: if you are a student, why dont you get a dreamspark account and enjoy the "Professional" edition for free along with many other stuff?

booo said:
I was able to install VC++ exp edition on my Win 7 ultimate x64 box.

EDIT: I rechecked the site, its no where written that x64 is not supported.

more edit: if you are a student, why dont you get a dreamspark account and enjoy the "Professional" edition for free along with many other stuff?
It will installe BUT there is nothing special in it. Its the usual x86 application which works on WOW.

I remember VS professional install gives us an option to install x64 which we need to check at install time. Additionally we need to add x64 configuration as well.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update:

As per wiki Microsoft Visual Studio Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, natively compiling 64-bit applications through the IDE is not supported without some involved configurations. If the freely available full version of the Windows SDK is installed, 64-bit applications can be built on the command line using the x64 cross-compiler (Cl.exe) supplied with the SDK.[9] True integration of 64-bit compilers to the Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is possible, but remains cumbersome.[10] Note: This reference only applies to Visual Studio Express 2008, not 2010; in 2010 it is as simple as changing the Platform Toolset to the Windows SDK instead of the built-in v100

TC is old. No, old is an understatement, TC is pre-historic. It's what the stingy dinos would've used if they were smart enough to code.
I wont give you any further suggestions, the gentlemen above me have it plenty. Listen to them. Though eluding the Stonehenge of a compiler is not always possible (read: BGI) 'coz the st00pid educational institutes in India think it's fun to teach things long past the decades. Hell they might even start teaching Latin.
Anyways, my friend faced a similar dilemma, and I obliged my making a quick app to run his TC for him using DosBox. Just feed in (as in select) the Paths, press Start & make the directory changes in TC.
Download Here

Back