"C" Drive getting filled!!!

My system:
3 drives, C drive is the drive housing Windows
Windows XP SP2 (licenced)
McAffee antivirus

I dunno what exactly is the problem, but after a while, I see that my comp's C drive is getting filled up steadily.
OK Lemme dig into a brief history too.
Few months back, I had Adobe Acrobat Reader 7. I realized that similar problem (of C drived getting filled with some crap) was occuring.
I did a serch for new files, and found Acr*.tmp files ~ 3.5MB in my C/Window/Temp.
There wer hundereds of such files, with each file being made roughly a minute.

I ran all possible adware/spyware solutions and anti-virii etc.

To no avail. (My windows is always updated)
So I decided to track the process cauysign this by looking at teh R/W bytes of each process.

Guess what, after the AntiVirus, it was cidaemon.exe that had highest r/w bytes.
After further analysis, I cam to find out that some malacious cidaemon.exe is running on my comp besides the harmless cidaemon.
So killing cisvc.exe inlusive of its child process stopped the formation of these Acr*.tmp files.

I removed the ACrobat 7 and got rid of the problem.
Now, similar problem has started again.
Only this time, there is no Acrobat 7, no acr*.tmp files, infact no files that I can find created recently usign the "search" tool.

I am thoroughly confused! Yesterday I salvaged some disk space by deleting useless data. But ofcourse this cant go on.
I need some solution to it.

Help my comp!

what other antivirus s/w did you try?

Did you Try AVG/Kaspersky

These two between themselves can usually take care of 99% infections

DO take care though not have to have two AV packages running concurrently, i.e. uninstal Mcafee, install AVG and scan, then uninst AVG, install Kaspersky and then scan

Just Back up ur important Data on C Drive and format it ! The problem should go ! Its Most Probably some virus , so use a better antivirus next Time ! avg is Free and best ! Kaspersky as czar suggested is also good but its a Paid software ! Anyways just format C Drive and report back ! :)

try the online scan from PCCillin... goto the site trendmicro dot com and scan the system... there are few virus that disable the antivirus soft that is installed.... so better to try an online scan...

well u can either use the avg and then the C should wrk,or else format it and then ur comp should do well,what is your RAM??maybe ur ram is all clogged up!! try usin a higher ram it should wrk and try decompressin ur files and dont forget includin deletin temp files and internet files

i guess its a VIRUS problem.. i had faced it ages ago and tht wasnt in da c drive but on my other partition.. wht it did was IT CREATED DA REPLICAS OF ALL DA .EXE files and .RAR files making da original file useless and corrupted.. I'd suggest u to install and run KASPERSKY A/V coz tht had solved my prob.. tho i had to delete all da appz and re-get em from my frnd as he had da back up.

Thanks guys, lemme check with all listed here.
I'll get back then.

But am wondering, why the McAfee didnt catch hold of teh earlier problem too?

OK guys - almost confirmed, this time also it is CISVC.EXE and its child process CIDAEMON.EXE that are doing this.

WTF!

But yeah this time there are no traces in Temp directory being left.

Back