PC Peripherals Cabinet fan position query

itechankit

Disciple
Hello,

I am assembling new PC.For that i have bought Iball Majestic Cabinet.I will be using CorsairVs450 and garphic card in PC.Now the reason for creating this thread

The cabinet has back fan as exhaust and Corsair VS 450 has fan in such a way that when i will place it inside cabinet fan wiill side inside cabinet.So it will blow heat inside cabinet or outside?

And also the cabinet has space for side fan but i want to know that the fan should be placed to intake air or outflow the air from cabinet?

majestic_018_11_20142_50_23_PM_cropped_L.png

The cabinet has back fan as exhaust and Corsair VS 450 has fan in such a way that when i will place it inside cabinet fan wiill side inside cabinet.So it will blow heat inside cabinet or outside?
no, psu's are generally designed to blow their heat out of the case regardless of orientation, so you needn't worry about that.

And also the cabinet has space for side fan but i want to know that the fan should be placed to intake air or outflow the air from cabinet?
as for the side fan slot - i'd recommend you try it both as intake/exhaust and check temps for the best solution.
hard to predict the airflow inside a cabinet as the design of coolers for both the gpu and cpu affect it.

There is generally only one way in which you can position your psu inside the cabinet but that position should be such that the air from the psu moves or exhausts out rather than inside the cabinet.

The side fan should be used as an input/intake of air, since that will be cool air, the hot air inside has more energy and is unstable so that will rise upwards and move out of the top.
This will also help more intake of cool air from the sides.
Also if possible then put a fan at the back again for exhaust. You want more hot air to move out.

Back