Budget 0-20k Cabinet purchase

Been suggested the
Antec P8
Corsair Spec 01
Coolmaster Elite 311

I need to add USB 3 ports to the front, so saw this on Amazon.

Is it a reliable option?
Which case would it work on? I presume it will not work on the Antec as it has no front openings?
What actually makes a case like the Antec better that it costs more?

Finally would I be able to connect this front panel with 4 USB ports to my Asrock B450 Pro 4 motherboard?

61CsTxsCWbL._SL1000_.jpg

Out of your options, Antec P8 has 2x USB 3.0 ports and your askrock b450 has a header for 2x usb3.0 ports.

The amazon link you listed is a hub. You can plug a normal USB 3.0 hub into the front ports if you want more ports anyway. Plus the one you listed needs a 3.5 floppy drive opening which none of the cases have.

How much are you willing to spend on the cabinet? That would decide what to get.

For the parts you are considering, the best inexpensive case I'd recommend is the NZXT H500.

Out of your options, Antec P8 has 2x USB 3.0 ports and your askrock b450 has a header for 2x usb3.0 ports.

The amazon link you listed is a hub. You can plug a normal USB 3.0 hub into the front ports if you want more ports anyway. Plus the one you listed needs a 3.5 floppy drive opening which none of the cases have.

I dont like the cases that look so jazzy. I rather like the Antec p8.

Any other solution if I want front USB 3? I'm sure lots of people want front USB 3? What do they do?

Edit: Saw that the Antec p8 has 2 front USB 3.
Post automatically merged:

How much are you willing to spend on the cabinet? That would decide what to get.

For the parts you are considering, the best inexpensive case I'd recommend is the NZXT H500.

Maybe upto 10K? Saw some reviews of that Antec P8, and apparently the cooling is poor. The NZXT H500 has better reviews. Will try to source this. Thanks.

Last edited:

So, I could not source the NZXT H500 as they have the newer H510. Just ordered that and the Gigabyte 2060 Super Overclocked card from ITDepot.com

Thanks. Looks like a nice case.

Back