Camera camera for video and photo

nuvpreet

Disciple
hey guys I'm looking for a camera in the range of about 25k rupees I don't care if it is a dslr or a mirror less or even a point and shoot all I want is longivity and should completely satisfy my need in terms of imaging quality and video also I will be doing videos of my self so a tilt screen will be helpful and I also need fairly good zoom but a lesser zoom with great video audio and image quality will be fine

Mirrorless or PnS would be better than DSLR for video. I don't if you can get tilt screen from mirrorless camera in this budget. Weigh your priorities and decide.

to be frank, I would suggest that you get a good web cam like logitech until you can spend some big amount for professional type videography. mkbhd level quality requires some very fast lenses at f1.4 and things like 4k recorders and some good amount of post processing.

Isn't it a dying species?

May be, but look at what the OP wants and what is his budget. Even canon 1100D will cost 25K. That too will record only at 720p. Dont know the price of mirrorless and bridge camera so cant comment buy I am pretty sure they will be right up there in terms of price. Couple to that ergonomics of cameras and their in general design and options for still photography.

So why use a device which was originally designed for still photography and use it for video, when you can use a device which was meant for video all along.

what about d5200 it also has a flip out screen and better af mechanics plus slightly better photo quality and one review says video quality comparable to a 5d

Look for mirrorless cameras esp from Sony or Panasonic.
Sony nex series ( And the newer alpha series) have great video quality. They have Hybrid Auto focus, Most sony nex come with AVCHD 1080 in 60p/30p/24p
Also the nex 5r / 5t / 3n and A6000/ A5100/A5000 have a horizontal 180 deg screens that make them perfect for recording videos. the only place where I find them limiting is that the older nex lineup did not have a standard hotshoe or an external microphone connector.

I will not touch a dslr for video unless it is something revolutionary like 70D. Sure the nikons might have great picture quality , but it is a PITA to record videos in liveview even though the results might be satisfactory.

My recommendations are :
1) Panasonic GH4 ( but probably too expensive) or Fz1000
2) Sony Nex series ( should be around your budget). alpha series might be a bit expensive
3) Nikon 1 j4? available for around 22k I think but both sony and pana will have better video quality.

I personally use a nex 5R and its great other then The fact that it lacks an external microphone / hot shoe.
The A6000 solves both this problems but is a bit more expensive at around 50k.
You did mention zoom so I guess Fz1000 if you can source it might be a good option.
although I am not using this post to promote my classified ad (my classified is yet to go live), do pm me if you are interested in nex, I might have a new boxed one lying around somewhere.

Last edited:
Ok, I have Nex-3n camera, And I will not recommend mirrorless camera for Video shooting. Videos don't require big MP, main point is optical stabilization, and other features such as zoom/focal length etc. Mirrorless cameras are good for Photography and especially night photos(But needs costly Lenses, otherwise its just limited in performance). For Video/photos mixed uses a good point and shoot with all the options will be a better choice. Sony RX100 series if photography is priority, otherwise Sony HX60V/HX50V which was available for almost 15k, during paytm 30% discount. No camera deal could have been better then this(has all the DSLR like controls with great zoom, full HD recording, and all the godiess like wifi etc.

If you are spending some money on camera, i suggest you to buy DSLR. Canon 1200D is a good starter. You can extend your photography/videography skills later.

Back