Budget 15-20K Camera Phone for Daughter

Doremon

Adept
My daughter using old LG mobile but her curiosity is now climbing up in photography. She keeps editing photos, takes photos of nature, daily life's, colours, shapes, selfies and so on.

I observed that old LG phone won't be able to match up her desire and interest on photography.

It's time to replenish with master piece of phone. Budget is max 20k.

Pl suggest.

In 20 k you can opt for nokia 1020, 41mp camera

Considering her desire and passion for photography Nokia 808 pureview with 41 mp camera is best bet, equipped with 2.4, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, Xenon flash but since the phone is no longer available in the market,you can find it online.. Only drawback is the outdated system, UI but camera is better than the flagship phones of top manufacturers

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/nokia/808_pureview/

I'd also advice against going for the Nokia phone. Even though the main requirement is a good camera, the primary function of a phone need not be hampered with an age old OS.
If not a used LG G4, check out Nexus 5x or Moto X play which have got decent cameras.

+1 for G4 @op

G4 is better at macro shots, has Optical image stabilizer and can do auto-HDR very effectively, while the 808 still produces superior images with its massive 1/1.2" sensor

G4 is android powerhouse and better than 1020 overall
And close to 808

Why not a dedicated Camera instead of Camera phone?

A used midrange or new entry level DSLR would be a good investment for anyone serious about photography. None of the phone cameras, stand in front of dedicated DSLR anyday. BTW What's her age? IPhone 5s is a good option too.

She's college student, just crossed 20th.
Well, she's more fond of having decent phone as handy rather than DSLR, coz generally she like to take snatch any where any time. During commuting, in classroom (!), outing, party etc ....

She's dying for iPhone any day though, assuming this as I heard many times she talked about iPhone.... Is 5s should I opt or still G4?....

Definitely, no old hardware phone... Better if zero ed down on latest technology phone...

Edit:- yes, she has superiority complex , particularly, for her phone.... !

Last edited:
She's college student, just crossed 20th.
Well, she's more fond of having decent phone as handy rather than DSLR, coz generally she like to take snatch any where any time. During commuting, in classroom (!), outing, party etc ....

She's dying for iPhone any day though, assuming this as I heard many times she talked about iPhone.... Is 5s should I opt or still G4?....

Definitely, no old hardware phone... Better if zero ed down on latest technology phone...

Edit:- yes, she has superiority complex , particularly, for her phone.... !
If flaunt value is important she's better off with iPhone 5s or Samsung Galaxy S6 (25k for imported).

LG G4 & Oneplus two are good if you could Make use of full potential by meddling with manual settings. If you want to just snap quickly with more reliable results at default settings iPhone 5s or Samsung Galaxy S6 are better options. Xperia Z1, ZR can also be considered if you are OK with older gen flagships with updated software .

S6 and LG G4 cost around 30k and big size (5.5)screen. Most preferable is 4.5 and Max 5 incher. 5S is the option left but would like to know more phone...

How's Redmi note 3 and MI 4?

Samsung and Mi have good cameras.

Moto G4+ has good very good reviews on the camera front. Won't suggest Apple route unless you want to take the plunge with macbook etc.
Moto with very close to stock ROM will be very fast. Split screen (with the 5.5" screen) will also be useful to use the cam and something else on the go. Moto has better flaunt value compared with Mi & Sammy (unless it is the drool worthy Edge series).

LG G4 and Moto G4+ have good reviews on camera.

Should I wait until new Nexus device launch similar to Nexus 5x but with better camera ?
Nexus 5X has an awesome camera..It is at par with LG G4 and Galaxy S6.
The new Nexus device will take at least 4-5 months to come and will be priced higher.

If you are okay with seller warranty, get the Nexus 5X 32 GB from ebay at 20K.
I was almost going to buy it but backed off due to concerns on battery life and 2 GB RAM.

2 GB RAM just ok for her age requirement but battery life crossed my fingers. Nexus 5 doesn't live entire day for collegian doodling!, I wondering......

I bought my Moto G3 4G just a before month. She's happy with it by taking snaps by using my Moto all the time in vacation trip.

No idea though on LG G4 and Nexus 5x, how fits for the collegian in other perspectives too.....like looks, handy, browsing etc...

Till now, I narrowed down LG G4, Moto G4+, Nexus 5x....

How's one plus 3, recently launched...or should I wait for any new device unknown to me....

Don't mind to streach 5k budget more but wish to give her a memorable gift she can enjoy at least 3 years down...

Just writing here to say that you're an awesome dad figuring out all these things to get the best phone for her and putting in the effort Sir.
She is lucky to have you as her Dad! :D
Now that you recognized the pain of another father, how about give a thought of ones own parents and the pain they took to get you where you are? I am sure you would have thought about it, if not, this is the right time :)

Now that you recognized the pain of another father, how about give a thought of ones own parents and the pain they took to get you where you are? I am sure you would have thought about it, if not, this is the right time :)
My dad wouldn't bother to the extent the OP is.But I guess fathers love their daughters way more than their sons.:headphone::headphone:

On point the One Plus 3 is a very good choice in terms of looks and camera but it has issues with battery life in some cases.If you can live with that it is a very good phone for 3 years of college use

Back