Can GTA IV work on my comp?

Death

Disciple
Hey, I was thinking of buying GTA IV after I really enjoyed playing GTA San Andreas.. But am not sure if my comp can support this game..

My comp specs:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.7GHz
Asus M2N-MX SE Plus MB
320 GB HDD
nVIDIA XFX 8600 GT 256 MB
2 GB RAM @667 MHz

wat else? *thinks*

Thanks in advance.. :)

tosh79 said:
what resolution you are gaming at ! if its is up 1024*768 you should be able to run on medium setting with little tweaks.

I dont mind running at 800x600 either actually..

Speedz said:
Just one site.

Can You Run It? Powered by System Requirements Lab

Check it out. It will tell you.

Thanks.. will check it out.. :)

RAH7747 said:
Hey, I was thinking of buying GTA IV after I really enjoyed playing GTA San Andreas.. But am not sure if my comp can support this game..

My comp specs:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @2.7GHz
Asus M2N-MX SE Plus MB
320 GB HDD
nVIDIA XFX 8600 GT 256 MB
2 GB RAM @667 MHz

wat else? *thinks*

Thanks in advance.. :)

if 8600gt was a 512mb version u could have run it decently.......perfomance will be horrible even @ 800 X 600 which is the lowest.........My 8800gts 320mb used to cough and sputter @ medium settiings and 1280 X 1024.

i had View distance always @ single digits:S

well according to systemlabs site, my comp can actually handle it at minimum requirements.. but am not sure if I should really go for it now, considering it might not look any good..

Yes but better buy a beer bottle instead of gta4. A friend of mine playing it on 86GT 256MB and it lags like hell. Settings are low with view set to 1...

GTA4 needs lots of VRAM. My friend with a 9500GT 512 MB DDR2 [almost equal to 8600GT 512 MB DDR2] plays at almost same fps and quality as on my 8800GT 512MB.

even 4670 1GB gets more fps than my 4870 512 GDDR5. just that, you need lots and lots of VRAM and a powerful CPU.

afaik...its quite cpu intensive with lots of physics(collision detection,damage modelling and likes).more vram should make sense as it has huge open environments.to make things worse,its a bad port :(

btw how many cards do you have,dominator? :p

i tried it on my signature rig and it wasnt playable even at 800x600. Then I installed all the 4 patches and now its just playable at 800x600 with everything on low. The game is really really good but with that settings it just looks horrible. :ashamed:

Well from all the replies, i think i'll refrain from buying this game.. :ashamed: Maybe, if a friend of mine has "obtained" it, i'll give it a go.. otherwise, chuck it..

But thanks to everyone anyway.. :cheers:

I have 8600gt with 512 ram and am getting playable frame rates even at 800*600..

So it's best to not even think about it if you have less than 512mb of vram...

RAH7747 said:
Well from all the replies, i think i'll refrain from buying this game.. :ashamed: Maybe, if a friend of mine has "obtained" it, i'll give it a go.. otherwise, chuck it..

But thanks to everyone anyway.. :cheers:

Well i want to tell you something. Just buy the game and give it a try. If you're not looking for pure eye-candy, then it'll do. Yup, i played the game with a real crappy config. Thats
Pentium 4 @ 3.7GHz
2GB RAM
Zebronics 7600GT 256MB DDR2

I played the game at 800x600 with lowest possible settings:)rofl:) and got around 17-22fps. But still its playable for me.
Really i miss the eye-candy but who cares? I am much towards the game play and story and never wanted any eye-candy.
So i think it'll even be more playable with a 8600GT at 800x600. If you're worrying about eye-candy you better off with game and get a new GPU to run it.

Well i decided not to go for it or even *ahem* "obtain" it.. I got myself a console and the guy who sold me the console gave GTA 4 with it.. Now no holds barred.. :D

Back