Can Jio Fiber modem be made into a dumb modem (bridge mode)?

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

I have no interest in Jio's router and their ability to snoop into the router remotely. Can the Jio router be converted into a bridge mode similarly to all other routers? Anybody has screenshots of the router webui.

Thanks

I'm not able to find the post from jio giga fiber thread but someone has mentioned that it is possible to use it in bridge mode.
I have checked routers configuration and bridge mode option is there in router. You need to select the port or something to bridge it.
I will check again and see.
Other active jio users can chime in.

I'm not able to find the post from jio giga fiber thread but someone has mentioned that it is possible to use it in bridge mode.
I have checked routers configuration and bridge mode option is there in router. You need to select the port or something to bridge it.
I will check again and see.
Other active jio users can chime in.

Post from other thread - reg bridge mode
Screenshot_20190908-074946.jpeg

Bridge mode doesn't work. Net just stops working after selecting it. A simple LAN connection to other router works though (not from WAN port, but through LAN port).

Yea point is to make jio router into bridge mode and use your own AP.
Digisol and few other GPON options available in market. Starting from 1500 INR.

Yea point is to make jio router into bridge mode and use your own AP.
Digisol and few other GPON options available in market. Starting from 1500 INR.
Tried. Doesn't work. The net just disconnects the moment bridge mode is selected in Jio router settings. I've the white Jio router (4500 one).

Tried. Doesn't work. The net just disconnects the moment bridge mode is selected in Jio router settings. I've the white Jio router (4500 one).
@alekhkhanna Is there any reason why nobody is putting up any screenshots? I wonder if there is any personal stuff in the UI which people are not willing to post. This is mere speculation as i dont own the router.

I tried this on my friend'd Jio router. After turning on bridge mode on LAN1 Port. LAN1 Port cable goest to his Linksys E4200 WAN Port. But E4200 didnt fetch any WAN IP.

Back