Can someone explain WHY some people want a Telangana state?

Nikhil

Skilled
I'm aware of the history. From whatever I've read, there doesnt seem to be any difference between AP and Telangana. The Telanganas anyway speak Telugu. The language of AP is also Telugu. So, it doesnt seem to be a typical separate state for a language thing.

Why are people so desperate to create another state?

What exactly will these people get by getting their own state? All of them speak Telugu anyway right?

Coz there can be one more CM

EDIT: Bear in mind seperate state means seperate dedicated budget for it which means more money for politicians to stash up

Nikhil said:
I'm aware of the history. From whatever I've read, there doesnt seem to be any difference between AP and Telangana. The Telanganas anyway speak Telugu. The language of AP is also Telugu. So, it doesnt seem to be a typical separate state for a language thing.

Why are people so desperate to create another state?

What exactly will these people get by getting their own state? All of them speak Telugu anyway right?

Ya as others gave the answer soon one is created some other part comes up with one

Next might be vidharbha in maharashtra

Also politicans who have large land bunks gets scot free with land cases as the state changes the original state cant prosecute or too much mess is created....
So in all its like a safe heaven for themselves

Why a single serious law against rioter not passed all this riots and damages would have stopped

I really want to know. See, it's not just the politicians. There are a lot of people supporting it. Why is that? What do they think they will gain?

Telangana is the erstwhile princely state of Hyderabad which was governed by the Nizam. After independance it was merged with AP as a combined state against the recommendation of the committee that decided the delimitation of states at the time.

Hence all the fuss raked up again...

AFAIK, there are subtle differences in the culture,accent of the language(although people from Andhra and Telangana both speak telugu, their accent differs). Anyways, the differences arent that major that a separate state is required but politicians being politicians want to make use of every single opportunity to have their share of the limelight. Plus there are people who get aroused by similar sentiments and start blindly following a politician (you know how us Indians are :| ). KCR was in TDP for quite some time and wanted to get some personal limelight, which is why he decided to rake up this issue and demand for a separate state to come out of Chandrababu Naidu's shadow and maybe emerge as a central leader himself. Selfish politicians, troubling the common people for their own interests, again and again and again :(.

psynaps3 said:
Any idea when KCR will enter the Limca book of records for fasting for the most number of days and still remaining healthy?

Yeah.. I too wonder, How does a person with BP and dabetis can fast for 10 days with out eating anything and also with out pills. :S

Nikhil said:
I really want to know. See, it's not just the politicians. There are a lot of people supporting it. Why is that? What do they think they will gain?

The local Auto drivers will tell you that students were paid by politicians to support this seperate state issue .. Not many are actually supporting it ..

Not many people want a separate state. Most of the people in Hyderabad are from different places in Andhra Pradesh and may be from different places in India too. Actually it is crystal clear. The party which was established only on one motive, A Separate Telangana , is TRS. And the same party got only some 6 seats in the last assembly elections. So do people really want telangana?? Its just some people, a mob and its being hyped by the media. Come on guys. What difference does it make to the people?? Only to the politicians it matters. More money to loot...lol..

thenvk said:
Yeah.. I too wonder, How does a person with BP and dabetis can fast for 10 days with out eating anything and also with out pills. :S

He looks more on detoxification...may b on fruit diet

Anyways the main reason for not it being form is hyderabad will go to telngana which i guess the ruling party doesnt want and wants to buy time

Nikhil said:

Come on Nikhil you dont actually believe this do you? They dont want anything.90% are just following orders. They are paid and told to do/say something and they do it.
Thats what happens.

I guess 110 bux per day it is, plus food and petrol should you want to join in and support the rally :p or so I have heard

Back