PC Peripherals Can Sub be kept horizontally ?

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
Hi Guys,

I recently bought Creative Inspire t6060 speakers, but height of subwoofer is kinda high, so to place it in my computer table, I was wondering if it could be placed horizontally...is there any chance of damage if I place it horizontally instead of its normal vertical position ?

Regards,

yes i was gonna tell the same the best placement of a subwoofer is on floors.. at one corner of the room. and ive kept my sub horizontal (creative 5.1 560) horizontally. also ive added another woofer to my system thats vertical downfire woofer so if ur woofer is downfire woofer then its not worth keeping in horizontal position...
so the final conclusion is..
if woofer is downfire: dont keep it horizontal
if the woofer is normal (woofer cone not exposed outside the case) then keep it anyways u like u can also keep upside down :bleh:
hope this helpzzzzzz

I am not sure abt the kind of speakers that u have, but normally subs do have small thingies at the bottom to give it proper grip.....So if u keep it horizonatally u could damage the side of the speaker due to the vibration caused.....My advice keep it the way it is meant to be kept.....If there is no space on the table keep it on the floor as others said...

nvidiabeast said:
yes i was gonna tell the same the best placement of a subwoofer is on floors.. at one corner of the room. and ive kept my sub horizontal (creative 5.1 560) horizontally. also ive added another woofer to my system thats vertical downfire woofer so if ur woofer is downfire woofer then its not worth keeping in horizontal position...
so the final conclusion is..
if woofer is downfire: dont keep it horizontal
if the woofer is normal (woofer cone not exposed outside the case) then keep it anyways u like u can also keep upside down :bleh:
hope this helpzzzzzz

Well how do i know if subwoofer is downfire..?
Here is the product image

Is this downfire ?

Yeah i know, keeping on floor is best option, but not much space is available around the computer table...

Hitman said:
Well how do i know if subwoofer is downfire..?
Here is the product image

Is this downfire ?

Yeah i know, keeping on floor is best option, but not much space is available around the computer table...

that is a side firing subwoofer

yes thats sidefiring.. u got awesome woofer dude.. gives best effect if the mouth of the side woofer exposed kept opposite to the solid concrete wall. if kept against wooden wall it will boom... side firing for example is
Creative's Gigawork S750 Woofer. google search for that model's woofer or just simply put downfire woofer in google image.. so dude keeping ur woofer horizontally wont give u much BASS. nice set of speaekrs. how much u got for?

you could make it downfire by keeping the woofer side down!

but remember to mount the speaker properly using bushes or something to give it some clearance from the bottom:D

^^sorry to ask noob que, but which side is woofer side...is it the one with the speaker ?
and you're trying to say is I should put woofer on some sort of stand, so it is not placed directly on the surface :huh:

BTW yeah the speaker's are good...got 'em for 5k's

nvidiabeast said:
nono. dont keep ur woofer horizontal.. its not meant to be placed horizontal. just keep it vertical else you will be short of good bass.

sahi bolra ya phek ra:eek:hyeah:

man dont listen to these guys
just experiment it on your own

and tell us which is the best position

invisiblex said:
sahi bolra ya phek ra:eek:hyeah:

man dont listen to these guys
just experiment it on your own

and tell us which is the best position

but chances of damage to the sub :huh:
hmmm I think i better try to create space on the floor...thanx all for replies..:)

Yeps thats more like a good decision always keep subs on a good solid ground .With the sub that size youd probobly blow your ears out if you keep it on your computer table :p.

@INVISIBLEX u have experience in audio??
i have experience in audio since i was 10.. ive been experimentin with PC's n electronics since 10 years

well, i guess i have *some* standing for my opinion to qualify as advice :p

dude the only way you can spoil your speakers is if you use a hugely powerful or way too underpowerful amp (wont happen with ur creative cos it is a matched built in amp) or if you physically try to damage (tear apart/ break) your speaker.

it is true that the manufacturer always intends one position for good all round sound, but depending on your room/ listening tastes, feel free to play around with your woofer location / orientation

but yes, you are better off putting your sub on the floor:).

Back