CPU/Mobo Cannot access bios by pressing del key

6pack

ex-Mod
I have an old computer with an asus mobo. my windows installation failed to boot yesterday and so i used bios to change boot parameters to change first device from dvdrom to hdd. After windows was installed, everything's working fine, but now it wont let me in to bios settings. I didnt update bios or anything since the mobo is outdated and out of support now.

Usually while loading, the mobo shows Asus logo. Then when pressing delete key it shows the hdd, ram etc and should go into bios settings after that immediately. Problem is, it just show the ram and hdd's and goes on to boot windows. All this happens in like 2 seconds and no matter how much i press delete key it does not make any difference. It wont go into bios again. been trying to get into bios to add another boot device to the list but it does not allow.
Any suggestions?

well clearing cmos - i didnt try. but, its not a keyboard problem since the first time i press del or tab it shows booting process. i found a workaround for this (boot device priority problem) by pressing F8 key before the windows logo comes up. When F8 is pressed, bios gives options of booting from all hdd's/odd/usb attached to pc. Could boot from dvd using that method.
Still cant get into bios though. Not needed for me since i wont be overclocking it or changing anything in it.

Back