Cannot access exe files on pen drive on one PC

Hi friends,

After getting the above error and as I could not find a repair of the same, I downloaded the latest Win10 and installed it. The pen drives (2) worked fully for the first 2 days But after just two days, it is again showing the same error.

Need some expert comments to solve it.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 334
What have you been doing with your PC for the past 2 days? Visited any shady websites or downloaded any software that might contain malware in it?

Try doing a 2nd opinion scan using Malwarebytes, HitmanPro or Norton Power Eraser. 99% sure they'll find anything stubborn remaining.

I can see and use these files when I am using the pen drive in another computer.

I have already tried with Malwarebytes and bitdefender trial versions and none of these show any virus...

Disabling all antivirus real time protection might open the files ..but that can cause serious infection on the host device ..better format the drive

Why pay for a key? That money is not going to go to MS for sure. Plus lots of fakes running around.

Look up with MDL forums, the old upgrade trick is still working. You will anyways need a format IMO.
Post automatically merged:

Optionally, why dont you move to Linux. Unless you need any specific WIndows software, Linux is a far better bet.

Try to pickup a RPi 2GB if you dont want to mess around, and then boot Raspbian.

Back