Camera Canon EOS 1DX: Canon announces its new flagship camera

Anshul

Disciple
After rumors have been running around for many months, today, Canon finally launched its new flagship DSLR: the Canon EOS 1D X. This new camera will be replacing the EOS 1Ds but also the EOS 1D current models and means the end of the APS-H sensor size.

This new high end camera is based around an 18 MPixels CMOS full frame sensor and can reach a shooting speed of 14 fps (12 fps with the auto-focus). It also features a high-precision AF system with 61 points, and 41 high sensitivity cross-type sensors which should ensure a very fast and precise auto focus. The 100-51200 ISO and the two dual DIGIC 5 processors should ensure a low level of noise. The 1DX can even push its sensor to 204 800 ISO, the highest ISO on the market. It will be interesting to see how good the pictures are at that ISO. In term of metering, the 100 000 pixels RGB AE associated with the dedicated DIGIC 4 processor should help you in most lighting conditions.

The 1,040k-dot 3.2-inch LCD screen is announced as “superbly durable" and should give you a good idea of your pictures while shooting. And, when shooting indoor, the 1GB ethernet connection will enable you to stream and check your photos directly on your PC or Mac.

The 1Dx also offers advanced video capabilities with Full HD (1080p) and a wide range of controls such as exposure, frame rates, audio and compression.

The Canon EOS 1D X will be available in March 2012 for the price of $6,800.

-------

Brendon, get this camera instead :eek:hyeah:

Unless one makes profession in shooting action sports this camera ain't worth lugging around.Although its one killer camera.

Nice, big honking camera.

Nice, big honking price.

I wonder how many of us will buy one. Not me.

But I'm impressed with Canon's tacit admission that the megapixel race is over. It's now more about quality of pixels and higher ISO performance. As it should be. Anyone who needs more than ten megapixels should reconsider his compositional skills.

:)

Back