Can't Activate Win7 Retail - Automatically or By Phone

dissel

Skilled
I just recently upgrade some component (Processor+RAM+Motherboard) of my home desktop pc which is completely failed to boot and till then I can't able to activate Windows 7 retail copy either automatically (which it used to do) or by phone
I called the 1800 102 1100 (Toll Free) at least twenty times and after punching successful nine digit Installation ID when the voice prompt to wait for Confirmation ID, the line got disconnected every time.

In the mean time I didn't find any option to talk any human voice or call forward to technical team or any thing... please let me know how I can activate my genuinely purchased Windows 7 retail copy ?

Any experts please let me know where to contact ? or Where to call ?

Please note I bought this Windows 7 March 2010 and since then whenever I complete format my HDD it activates automatically. About phone activation I upgrade my Laptop/ Netbook HDD two times and gone through OEM phone activation process and it complete with just one or two try.

Well........ problem solved.

Need to talk to a operator, after two times repeating my Installation ID which is different than Yesterday, They provide the Confirmation ID and it worked in a sec.

I'm stuck with this hazards for two days because, Microsoft India Customer Care working hours Mon-Fri (9 AM - 9 PM). So no luck if a user upgrade his computer during weekend and if he Genuine Windows retail copy user.

There are limits on the number of times you can auto activate. Post this, there is manual verification to prevent piracy.

There are limits on the number of times you can auto activate. Post this, there is manual verification to prevent piracy.

There is no complain about the phone activation process by entering nine set of 6 digits numbers as I already gone through this process past years with one VIAO Laptop and one VIAO Netbook which comes pre-installed Win7 Home Premium & Home Basic 64 bit. For those licences there is no option for 'Automatic Online Activation' and the whole Phone Activation Process complete just 10-20 mins.

But this time when Automated Voice refuse to provide Confirmation ID by just hanging up the phone then the process get difficult, at first I presume my network drop the call, then thought it may be my Samsung Phone > Then tried with trusted Nokia > Different SIM Card > Different Network and so on. :rage: :confused: :mad:

But instead of hanging up the phone call upfront, automated system can forward my call to a cust care or instruct something like 'Press # to talk our cust care' and if unavailable (non-working hour), provide the info when to call which is Mon-Fri 9 AM- 9PM. That is the simple way.

Many first timer don't even get a clue what to do ?

Today I tried Automated voice first but it did just as usual, then I re-dial number and find the option to talk with Cust Care > Then I need to Hold for some time , but I'm glad the call is Toll Free. First operator ask my name/location/mobile no/email id and then he ask what is the problem,after explaining he asked for Installation ID, I need to repeat for two times then he provide the Confirmation ID and immediately it activated. Though I enter the Confirmation ID wrong at first but the person on the other side repeat it again calmly. Thanked him hanged up.

P.S: -Comparing Talking to ICICI Bank Credit Card's Customer Care it is piece of cake and the number is not toll free either :banghead: :mad:.

Back