cant pause video on hotstar.com on laptop ?

How is repeatedly bumping this thread gonna help?
What browser are you using. Can you try with another browser.? Hotstar does not support Edge.
If the problem still persists drop a mail to Hello@hotstar.com If you are a premium member they will surely help you. Not sure for non premium members.

i tried in FF60 on linux and it works. There's a rewind 10 seconds, pause & fast forward 10 seconds buttons in middle of live video. Maybe something wrong in your browser. Try disabling any addons etc. I don't have adobe flash installed in my system so maybe if you have adobe flash disable it if thats the source of problems.

Interesting, here on windows 10 and chrome no pause or advance/rewind by 10s works

But on Android N with chrome, the controls work. So no flash is involved, they are using HTML5 i guess

Maybe if you can fool the site into thinking you're not on windows then those controls might work ? try with opera where user agent is customisable

Type this in your Chrome address bar and change the setting to Touch events to Disabled.

chrome://flags/#touch-events
Force Touch Events API feature detection to always be enabled or disabled, or to be enabled when a touchscreen is detected on startup (Automatic, the default). – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

Does your laptop have a touch screen ? mine does, this is why it didn't work

Type this in your Chrome address bar and change the setting to Touch events to Disabled.

chrome://flags/#touch-events
That is one sweet cmd line, heh who the hell would know this...

When i tried it on android N, i see the list but touch events API is listed as not available. This is why it worked on android

Back