Careers and Employment Thread

Post News: Rs. 1500 PM for 1 news a day, Rs. 3000 for 2

Hey friends,

The company I am working for is looking for people to post personal technology news.

The news span the whole spectrum and can be broadly classified as:

Gadgets: Stand alone gadgets like phones, laptops, netbooks, cameras etc.

Computing: Basically the hard-core hardware stuff

Gaming: Games and related stuff

Software: OSes, applications......etc

Others: Industry news, broadband, telecom, science .....etc.....

Requirements:

1. You should be able to write grammatically correct English.

2. News in the tech domain comes in the form of Launches of new products, be it hardware or software. Almost all news items have press releases to them.

All these press releases will be provided to you. You need not rewrite the whole press release and can pick and choose lines from it. All that is needed is that you should be interested and have an opinion about what you are posting and that should reflect in the news item.

So if you are following something and have an opinion about it or know a lot about it, it just takes 5 minutes to write something and about 10 more to format it and post it making a total of 15-20 minutes.

3. You cannot copy paste others content. It has to be yours. You can use references though and link them.

4. News can be 2 lines or 20 lines.......depends on the news.

5. You need not report anywhere. You have to submit it online. The time of submission is also not fixed but care needs to be taken to report news on time and old news items will be rejected.

6. If you are working somewhere and do not want to use your name, you can use an alias or post under 'News Staff' name.

7. Remuneration as mentioned is

Rs. 1500 for 1 news a day for a month.

Rs. 3000 for 2 news a day for a month.

Rs. 4500 for 3 news a day for a month.

and so on....

8. Incentives:

a. If you are regular and good, you will be sent as a company representative to attend glitzy product launches in 5 star hotels and meet the top representatives of the biggest technology companies like Intel, AMD, Nividia and so on.

b. You will be given an experience certificate.

Interested folks please PM me or email me at

Code:
[email]gaurav.seth@gmail.com[/email]

Re: Post News: Rs. 1500 PM for 1 news a day, Rs. 3000 for 2

Thanks for the overwhelming response, but I am still on the lookout for more.

I would recommend interested folks to directly email me at

gaurav.seth@gmail.com to carry on the conversation further.

Also, please mention your TE nickname in the email.

can u throw some light on the following questions, maybe someone else here to have the same.

- can tech enthusiasts like me , who already have a full time job enroll into this....?

posting 1 news a day wouldnt take time , but then if we just have to refer somewhere else and post on it in our own words, im sure u aint looking out for rephrasing of an existing content on another site.

- what if there is a skip in schedule...?

say due to xyz reasons , i skip a day or 2 - is that permissible ?

-being in the IT field, news is something that eventually flows in via different media and afterall there are dozens of sites out there that do the same so are you looking out for something that is rare and really unique ?

- RSS feeds ?

email me at

gaurav.seth@gmail.com with your TE nick.

I will email back with the details of the process. It will answer all your questions.

And yea, you could be working for anyone or anywhere, doesn't matter just that you should not be working for a competing publication or website part time or full time. Also you need to be accountable to maintain the viability of the system i.e. post news regularly. That's the reason why we just start at 1 a day.

You need to have an opinion or knowledge or know the background of the news item you are reporting. News are generally facts, but it can be interesting to read, if you know what you are talking about or can be very boring if you just pick and post lines from a press release without any proper flow of information.

Engadget and slashgear are very good examples.

I am not looking for people rephrasing other people's post. You can borrow facts and idea's but not entirely rephrase it line by line. That's why I said before, you need to have an opinion.

We still need a quality Indian News posting service that can report the news, but with an Indian perspective, where ever possible.

Bringing together enthusiasts who love technology and also have the flair to write, can leap us into the international domain, where our opinions are respected and sought after.

Wow! All the research on data-mining and classifiers up for a toss. Said in a positive spirit. :)

A thought. It is likely that there would be lot of repetitions in posts. So would it be relevant to map off the web or topics and assign them to different people?

All the best mate!

MrHappiness said:
Wow! All the research on data-mining and classifiers up for a toss. Said in a positive spirit. :)

A thought. It is likely that there would be lot of repetitions in posts. So would it be relevant to map off the web or topics and assign them to different people?

All the best mate!

Thank you for your suggestions and good wishes. They are already incorporated :)

High-Performance Gaming Startup

Hi Guys,

I and a friend are working on an idea within the high-performance gaming segment, and we are looking for potential partners/cofounders for our startup. We need individuals who will complement our business-technology skill set and expand our thought horizon, in efforts to develop something great that will fill the definite void between what gamers (casual to professional to enthusiast) want, and what they get.

We are on the lookout for people who have kickass knowledge of computer architecture, computer hardware (brands, components, accessories), and software (designing, troubleshooting/debugging, and booting). Most importantly, to be able to understand, assess, and prevent compatibility issues between different components. A strong base in web-designing tools is a definite plus.

Additionally, and just like any other startup, you will get to adopt cross-functional roles, accept substantial responsibility, possess effective small-team leadership, and be relentless on direct consumer interaction.

A little about me: I recently graduated with a bachelor's in Electrical and Computer Engineering from a Top 10 US University, where I led some world-class projects with Fortune 100 firms. I chose to come back to India and follow my passion for PC Gaming. I am currently based in the NCR (Noida) and am continuously looking to meet new and interesting people. Some of you may know me as stallionCEO from a few other forums :)

If the mods have an issue with the post- they are requested to PM me before anything else.

Looking ahead to a healthy discussion with those interested :)

Re: High-Performance Gaming Startup

To all those 10+ guys who PM'd me- Your questions weren't all that private now :) Please do share them here for everyone to see and me to respond. Thanks :)

Re: High-Performance Gaming Startup

^ Why don't you take the initiative and tell us more about your plans and how this is going to work? It's pretty vague till now.

What exactly do you mean by the high performance gaming segment? :p

PS: I'm very interested in the working part, that's why inquiring :)

Guys,

Signs of reccession easing out. My company has published a big list for recruitments through employee referals.
Hope it helps somebody.
If anybody is interested, PM me for details

Tron05 said:
Guys,

Signs of reccession easing out. My company has published a big list for recruitments through employee referals.
Hope it helps somebody.
If anybody is interested, PM me for details

Are you with IBM/INFY/TCS ?????

hey guyz....
i am mohan and have finished my graphics and animation diploma..
nw working on 3d...
meanwhile i was planning to do part time freelancing in graphics...
have designed logos and posters for sum companies...
anyone interested can contact me...

cheers....

Back