Careers and Employment Thread

I am on the tech interview panel for god knows how many years.

No, apart from regular salary, they came up with this allowance thingie for many other employees as well. Not meant specially for me. Though I was among the first batch to be given this allowance.

Thanks for that insight.
About switching from desi company to MNC - True that.

Hi all

I got an offer of $120k + $40k stock bonus from nyc based corporation. I am currently working in phoenix arizona on similar role with base salary of $95k per annum.
I would like to have suggestion from members here who had worked or working in usa regarding NYC.
Does the offered package is good for NYC? I heard its very expensive to rent a flat there.

Does the offer sounds good to you??

Hi all

I got an offer of $120k + $40k stock bonus from nyc based corporation. I am currently working in phoenix arizona on similar role with base salary of $95k per annum.
I would like to have suggestion from members here who had worked or working in usa regarding NYC.
Does the offered package is good for NYC? I heard its very expensive to rent a flat there.

Does the offer sounds good to you??
Is the bonus guaranteed? If so its fine. Else I'd let this one pass. 120k is not enough even if you are commuting from NJ or the outskirts into Manhattan.

If you fake or try to show you got an offer in hand for higher pay then either the co. will say go ahead with your other offer or show us the offer as proof so we can think for a hike.

So you either have to have an offer in hand for real or fake it in such a way that you get the best bargain.

I never heard about 100 hike but upto 30-35%.

Heard about 100% appraisals though in my own co.

Is the bonus guaranteed? If so its fine. Else I'd let this one pass. 120k is not enough even if you are commuting from NJ or the outskirts into Manhattan.
Yes the bonus is guaranteed, but i will get it over the span of 4 years. So after i complete 1st year i will get 1/4 of the amount. Afterwards 1/36 every month.

Many of my friends who have gone for MS/PhD in US/Canada will be/are working in Data Science jobs/internships(basically jobs that are most in demand right now)
Lets say someone has an H1B visa and has gone onsite from an Indian service company. Currently his technology track is Java or .NET or some database. But he wants to go for these data science or related jobs in US. What are his prospects?
Or is it better for him to do MS and go for these jobs?

My name maybe sent for H1B lottery later this year from my project. Also time is running out and I will have to make up my mind whether to pursue MS/PhD in US/Canada. If I want to go for higher studies then I will have to start preparing right now. I want to go for MS/MIS mostly and not for PhD. So I will have to take a big risk with respect to educational loan. No one knows what will happen after the Presidential elections. Anyway the number of H1B's approved are decreasing (AFAIK) YoY. I will definitely have to work in US for 2-3 years to pay back the loan.

On the other hand if I get an H1B from my company then I will not have any financial liability at all and can switch to better jobs there(hopefully).

I know this is a tech forum, but please allow me to post my requirement here.

I am looking for a copywriter/creative writer/content writer who is a wordsmith. The one who can sell a fridge to an eskimo with choicest of words. Be it in English or Hindi, given if the eskimos understand our rashtriya-bhasha. :wacky:

Experience/age no bar. I will just need some writing sample. This opportunity is to work with India's biggest ad agency's office in Bangalore. Hit me up via PM route and we can discuss this further.

The one who can sell a fridge to an eskimo with choicest of words.

Well damn. Haha. Does he have to sell it by hook or by crook? Selling it is fine, getting it sold will be the problem. I've been there and done that but yours a new benchmark! :p

Walk-in Drive for BE/B.Tech (2015 Pass outs) Trained on Infra Technologies
Freshers opening in Capgemini @ Mumbai
0 - 1 Years
100 openings
Mumbai

Criteria:
  • Candidates must have graduated in 2015 only.
  • Should have 60% and above in academics in 10th,12th and graduation (aggregate of 8 semesters in graduation)
  • Candidates must be Bachelor of Engineering / TechnologyStream of Computer Science / Electronics / Electronics& Telecommunication / Electronics & Communication / Electrical / Electronics & Electrical / Information Science / Information Technology
  • Candidates must have training certificate (CCNA/Networking/ Security/Linux/ SQL/Windows)
If eligible click here for drive details.

Walk-in Drive for BSC IT, BCA (2014-15 Pass outs)
Freshers opening in Capgemini @ Mumbai
0 - 1 Years
50 openings
Mumbai
Criteria
:
  • Candidates must have graduated in 2014/2015 only
  • Candidates should have scored 60% and above in academics in 10th, 12th and graduation (aggregate of all semesters in graduation)
  • Candidates must be BSC IT/BCA graduate
  • Candidates who have appeared for the Capgemini interview in last 6 months, will not be eligible for this recruitment event
If eligible, click here for the event details.

Hi, I am looking for b.com qualified accounts assistant for our powai office with exp between 6m to 1yr. Through out first class. This position would be reporting into one of the senior mgr and the role involves managing books of accounts, BRS, expenses n forex mgmt, a/c rcbl , a/c pybl, petty cash etc. Urgent position hence looking for immediate joiners.

I know this is a tech forum, but please allow me to post my requirement here.

I am looking for a copywriter/creative writer/content writer who is a wordsmith. The one who can sell a fridge to an eskimo with choicest of words. Be it in English or Hindi, given if the eskimos understand our rashtriya-bhasha. :wacky:

Experience/age no bar. I will just need some writing sample. This opportunity is to work with India's biggest ad agency's office in Bangalore. Hit me up via PM route and we can discuss this further.
Selling fridge to an Eskimo is a cliché now :p How about selling what they need, like a hot cup of tea? :D

Is this a full-time position? I can't commit to full-time work now. I'm tied up as a Lead Content Writer at a startup.

Anyway, send me the details. I know many who're looking for work in this field.

Hi Guys

I am back again with Job Search.
Looking for job as Senior Java Developer in Delhi / NCR ~ Gurgaon n Noida.
Let me know please if you have any reference.

Thanks
Haris

Openings for 0-1 year BE (Mechanical /Auto/electrical/electronic) if MBA would be added advantage, contract basis, may get absorbed in pay roll...

Position Global RFQ Engineer

PM me, before Monday.

Back