Video CAS or DTH? What to choose?

chic_magnet said:
hey xt. didnt get ur point? :-s

The tv has a tuner built in which tunes the channels and then displays them. In this case the STB has the tuner built in and it plugs in to the TV through the AV port. Thats what he meant i guess, the only job of the tv is to display as even the remote wont work, u'll have to use the stb remote

Edit: QF beat me to it :p

acha.. me just playing the waiting game here.. not that i really need tv in my life... but still...

btw they have set 10th jan as the date when they would be blacking out all channels on cable right(Whichever is provided by cas).. but is it applicable inthe suburbs.. too?

chic_magnet said:
acha.. me just playing the waiting game here.. not that i really need tv in my life... but still...

btw they have set 10th jan as the date when they would be blacking out all channels on cable right(Whichever is provided by cas).. but is it applicable inthe suburbs.. too?

The deadline for implementation of CAS Phase I in "some" areas of 3 metros (mumbai, delhi and kolkata) was 31st Dec 2006. If ur cable still shows pay channels, then your area was not included in Phase I.

Depending on the response and other technical issues, they will be announcing more areas where CAS would be implemented in Phase II and so on. The areas and deadline for Phase II has not been announced yet. According to industry sources, it should be arnd Mar-Apr 2007. :)

Back