PC Peripherals CD-Drive causing boot/login problems

This is a real wierd problem am facing.

1. Whenever I pop a CD into my comp and play it, my comp crash-shutsdown after a while.
2. If I start the comp with CD in the tray, the comp boots. But when I login, the comp crash-shuts down.
3. I burned one CD, during CD burning, there were no problems faced, however, while verification, the comp crash-shut down.

:mad: :S

Crash-shut down = similar to power failure

I had same prob twice with computer restarting abruptly whenever u pop in a CD into the Tray... Both the time it was a POWER SUPPLY that i changed & everything worked fine. give it a shot!!!!

Thanks will check.

But if it is power supply problem, why is the machine able to boot with CD in.
And crashes only while logging in?

:-s

hi
try swapping cables or get a new psu (try borrowing from a friend for a test )
as you load the cd in the drive the motor runs and causes load and maybe your pus is not giving power .Or try somr updated mobo drivers .As you log in the motor spins and checks for the cd so your computer crashes .

hi
Yes very true it should happen then also .But during POST it happens for a very short duration and the laser is not active then giving full load .Please chech the ram(make it firmly seated ) also and check for errors in the event viewer of windows .Maybe you are getting a reading error that causes a crash ,try running nero drive chech also if you can .

Back