Storage Solutions CD writing problem

som1053

Disciple
I have 2yr old LG DVD writer of late it has started weired problem the writing time for a DVD which normally would take 10-15 min now takes over 1hr.The same happens with copying a CD or DVD it takes over 1hr to copy a whole DVD. So what may be the problem.

Chk if DMA is enabled for the IDE channel in the device manager.It must be runnnin in PIO mode rite now.Change it to DMA.Incase if it doesnt work, u could try uninstalling the IDE channel and restarting the system.If u have a Jmicron RAID controller in ur mobo,update the Jmicron RAID drivers.

no uninstalling the IDE didn't help. Now i have noticed that while copying or writing if i play a movie the film shutters, the frame rate decreases.

som1053 said:
no uninstalling the IDE didn't help. Now i have noticed that while copying or writing if i play a movie the film shutters, the frame rate decreases.

are too many processes running in the background wats ur ram ...:huh:

Did u chk the status of the file transfer mode of the correspoding IDE channel? From the symptoms uve described,it must be in the PIO mode.If u have an MSI/Ausu mobo with Jmicron RAID controller,try downloading the latest RAID drivers from jmicron.com.That shud fix it.I had the same prob before.Ensure all IDE channels which are in use are in the DMA mode.If not try uninstalling them again and restart the sys.

som1053 said:

i have 2GB RAM i think it is sufficient.

yes previously status of the file transfer mode of IDE channel was in PIO mode changed to DMA but it didnt help. Any other sugg.

Back