Budget 21-30k Challenging Gaming PC build

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte LGA 775
    • GPU - The legendary 9800GT
    • RAM - Transcend 2x2 GB DDR2
    • Monitor - LG 20"
    • PSU - Corsair CX400
    • Speakers - Creative
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 20" 1600*900
    • Creative Speakers
    • Keyboard + Mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • An FX6300 based rig or something similar with enough CPU performance while miximising budget for GPU.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This will be the final configuration
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru Place - Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Coding
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Open to all brands.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • 1st and 3rd person shooters like COD.
    • Open world games like GTA 5.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600x900
    2. Desktop - 1600x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

I neither see performance nor price advantage with FX over i3.

Even without monitor 30k is not sufficient enough to get you a new GPU without settling for Pentium. See if you're okay with buying everything else now except GPU (re use your 9800) and buy GPU when you have money.

I am also looking for same build from 2 months but where can i get i3 6100 for 8400 and h110m for 4700

All i found is i3 6100 for 8700 and h110m chipset cheapest board for 5200...also i will go with 1000 rupees cabinet but supply of antec

I am also looking for same build from 2 months but where can i get i3 6100 for 8400 and h110m for 4700

All i found is i3 6100 for 8700 and h110m chipset cheapest board for 5200...also i will go with 1000 rupees cabinet but supply of antec
Could be local market prices :)

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I have a few queries:
As I plan to game for 2-3 years on this PC.. Keeping that in mind, will a Core i3 (better architecture but a dual core) still be better than FX 6300? Don't you think more cores of FX 6300 will make it a little more equipped for future games?

I was looking towards pre-owned components to squeeze a bit more performance for my budget. Though CPUs and GPUs have an extremely long life so I don't have any issues getting these 2nd hand, but my friend says buying 2nd hand Motherboards can be risky due to wear and tear. Is he right?

If it's in warranty and condition is decent the u can go for a seconds one, but ur friend is right in one respect that of all failing computer components, a mobo is second to hdd in failure rates but then this is valid for brand new mobos also

I plan to game for 2-3 years on this PC.. Keeping that in mind, will a Core i3 (better architecture but a dual core) still be better than FX 6300? Don't you think more cores of FX 6300 will make it a little more equipped for future games?
For gaming, YES. i3 is better than FX 6300.

I have found some cool components for sweet price from someone nearby:
1. Processor: AMD FX 8320.
2. Mobo: MSI 970a-G43 (I hope this will be enough, I don't intend to overclock)
3. GTX 960 2GB

All components are in warranty and around 1-1.5 yrs old. As far as I know FX8320 is i5 equivalent and will do well for gaming and will complement GTX960 nicely. That MSI mobo is my concern though, is it solid enough to handle an 8 core FX? Even if the mobo gets fried what are the chances of it damaging the proccy or other components?

Should I go with the above??

Go with Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7k

or

Go with the following Config:

Intel Core i3 6100 -8400,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4700,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhx 8GB DDR4 -2500.
TOTAL -15,600.

Go with Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7k

The seller is only selling the Processor+Mobo combination and is refusing to sell the processor separately. In such a case, will the MSI 970a-G43 safely handle the processor along with a GTX 960 card without any overclock for lets say 1 year? I will upgrade to a better mobo till then but as of now my budget is kinda stretched to go for a new mobo without sacrificing on the CPU and GPU.

in 30K you want to make the most out of your money ,Since you are open to purchase from TE market ,i would suggest you better wait and look for some deals on the market section
for GPU i would suggest go for second hand GTX 950 or GTX 960 with warranty over 2 to 3 years ,Rather putting Money in 750

i5 3rd or 4th gen Combo : 11 to 13K
Graphics card GTX 950 : 10K
Ram 8 gb : 2K
any good power supply with in 3K

Put another 5 to 6 K you can get a good cabinet and 1 tb Hard disk , if you are budget is capped at 30 K you have to cut down on your cpu and mobo expense

in 30K you want to make the most out of your money ,Since you are open to purchase from TE market ,i would suggest you better wait and look for some deals on the market section
for GPU i would suggest go for second hand GTX 950 or GTX 960 with warranty over 2 to 3 years ,Rather putting Money in 750

Put another 5 to 6 K you can get a good cabinet and 1 tb Hard disk , if you are budget is capped at 30 K you have to cut down on your cpu and mobo expense

We are thinking along the same lines.Unfortunately, my budget is capped at 30k and I can't extend even a little bit. But at the same time, I want a pc with which I won't need to compromise on graphic quality in games. I have found out these pre-owned parts and still have some money to spare:
GTX 960 2GB.
FX 8320 Black edition + MSI 970 board (tried hard to find an intel CPU with not much luck)
8GB DDR3 RAM.
1 TB WD Blue
Antec Case + Antec 550W PSU.

All parts at most 1.5 yrs old and under warranty. I hope this setup will suffice for gaming and multimedia purposes for quite some time

We are thinking along the same lines.Unfortunately, my budget is capped at 30k and I can't extend even a little bit. But at the same time, I want a pc with which I won't need to compromise on graphic quality in games. I have found out these pre-owned parts and still have some money to spare:
GTX 960 2GB.
FX 8320 Black edition + MSI 970 board (tried hard to find an intel CPU with not much luck)
8GB DDR3 RAM.
1 TB WD Blue
Antec Case + Antec 550W PSU.

All parts at most 1.5 yrs old and under warranty. I hope this setup will suffice for gaming and multimedia purposes for quite some time

Ya intel's are hard to find ...
if you can wait , i have intel i5 4440 + Asrock H97 Pro4 upcoming for sale within a week 1 year old ,with approx 2 years of warranty remaining ... for both processor and motherboard

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte LGA 775
    • GPU - The legendary 9800GT
    • RAM - Transcend 2x2 GB DDR2
    • Monitor - LG 20"
    • PSU - Corsair CX400
    • Speakers - Creative
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG 20" 1600*900
    • Creative Speakers
    • Keyboard + Mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • An FX6300 based rig or something similar with enough CPU performance while miximising budget for GPU.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • This will be the final configuration
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru Place - Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Coding
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Open to all brands.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • 1st and 3rd person shooters like COD.
    • Open world games like GTA 5.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1600x900
    2. Desktop - 1600x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Go with the following config:

Budget-30.6K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8400,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4700,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz 8GB DDR4 -2500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3700,
Zebronics Peace Cabinet -1100,
Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB -8400,
Antec BP350PS -1800.
TOTAL -30,600.

Back