PC Peripherals Charging thru USB problem

Death

Disciple
Hi, a friend of mine working for Infosys is planning to buy an mp3 player. However, apparently infy have disabled all the USB ports in their computers so that no device is recognized. So, the main problem he has now is charging the player. Is it possible to charge the player thru the USB port even without it being recognized? He doesn't intend to transfer media between the comp and the player, he only wants to charge. If this is not possible, then what can he do in order to charge the player? He can't return home more than once a week. Any help will do.. thanks in advance.

[edit] P.S: He's actually in his training period with Infy now, placed in Mysore. So if he can't charge the player there, he can only charge it when he gets back to Bangalore once a week. That would be a problem if he can't make it here for a weekend. Hence i need a solution to the above problem..

amrit_iyer said:
OR

Buy a USB power adapter. Simple :)

most cell phone batteries charge at 5V and that is supplied by usb by default..
one can just make an adapter at home... investing in ready-made costs alot... :)

thanks for all ur inputs.. I figured that while I created this thread for my friend, he in turn joined TE and created a similar thread in the audio section.. Nonetheless, this should help.. :hap2:

Back