Cheap GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submerged

Disciple
Hi,
looking for a dirt cheap GPU. Just need it as a temp backup so cheaper the better.

Basically anything better than a HD 3000 igpu with driver support for Win 10 will do.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the offer but based on what I've read, its like a Quadro version of a GT 210 which is a bit worse than the HD 3000 in my 2500k. Looking for something better than that.

Also, price is a bit high man. I was getting a 9800 GT for 749 last week (was delayed and someone else bought it) so 700 + shipping is expensive for this card.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the offer but based on what I've read, its like a Quadro version of a GT 210 which is a bit worse than the HD 3000 in my 2500k. Looking for something better than that.

Also, price is a bit high man. I was getting a 9800 GT for 749 last week (was delayed and someone else bought it) so 700 + shipping is expensive for this card.

@raja_mastana I believe wants to sell his 4870, you can look at that, he is asking 1K though.

Secondly, both the 9800 and the 4870 require additional power from the PSU, does your PSU have that capabilty?

@vivek.krishnan
Hey,
I just need a card for display since my board doesn't have onboard video. I got a RX 470 which I am looking to sell so need something for display while I purchase a new card. Got a Seasonic S12II 620 so psu's not a problem.

Thanks for the headsup. I checked his thread and his asking price is 1950, not 1000. Not looking to go that high for a card I'll probably just use for a week or two.

Another problem with the 4870 is the lack of a Win 10 ready driver. As far as I know, only HD 5xxxx series and above have Win 10 drivers. I have seen a couple of workaround for the 4870 that might work but its a headache I'd like to avoid.

On the other hand, even Nvidia 8/9 series cards have old but Win 10 ready drivers. Hoping someone's got one of those lying around.

Last edited:
Hey,

I've got a 8600GT lying unused since past 5 years I think :p.
I'll go check if it still works. Let me know if it'll help.
Pay what you want + shipping. :)

Regards
Vaibhav

OK.. Pay what you want :(

@skumar9988
Forgot to update the thread.

@vb01 was generous enough to ship me his old card yesterday at no charge up front since he wasn't able to test it himself. If it works, I'll pay him the sum we've agreed.

In case it doesn't, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Received the card from @vb01 in good packing. Tested the card and its working fine. Funds transferred and received. Really great experience. Helped me out big time.

Will close the thread once feedback is exchanged.[DOUBLEPOST=1497872510][/DOUBLEPOST]Feedback exchanged. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back