Budget 0-20k Cheap ITX motherboard and CPU

zero_cool

Disciple
After using a standard ATX board for over 9 years, I am keen to make my next PC compact but reasonably powerful. I plan to purchase the motherboard new and the CPU+RAM used parts. I don't mind if the parts are a generation older. I already have an SSD and a PSU. Can purchase a cooler if it doesn't come with the CPU. Please let me know your suggestions.

Which platform do you have in mind ? I am using MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC ITX mobo. It is based on B450 chipset. I think it would cost around 10-12K.

What is your budget? the itx motherboard itself starts from 12.5k for B450 and 26k for X570
Also what case are you looking at? Does it support the PSU that you currently have (ATX vs SFX)?

this post from @vyral_143 can help you start planning:

Which platform do you have in mind ? I am using MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC ITX mobo. It is based on B450 chipset. I think it would cost around 10-12K.

I actually don't have any reservations with the platform. I did see the B450i Gaming Plus. It is a pretty good board. Just looking to get it a bit cheaper.

Cheaper Board:
Thanks a lot. This fits perfectly.
Post automatically merged:

What is your budget? the itx motherboard itself starts from 12.5k for B450 and 26k for X570
Also what case are you looking at? Does it support the PSU that you currently have (ATX vs SFX)?

this post from @vyral_143 can help you start planning:
Hey, I actaully didn't see your response properly. The case I have in mind does support an ATX PSU. The X570 ITX boards are expensive and the reviews of users from Amazon and Newegg tell me these boards are unstable. I was holding out for a B550 motherboard but the prices of mATX boards are too high and thus resorted to settling for a B450.
My budget for a board was 8-9K so your recommendation of the Asrock board fits perfectly and the reviews seem to good as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
That's nice case. I considered this case before moving to Silverstone SG13 for it's compactness yet able to fit 3.5" HDD. Now I am leaving for something else ;)
Which case are you going for now?
I have a Cooler Master Elite 130 for my file server which has 3x 3.5 HDDs in it but I might need to upscale to a case which supports at least 4x 3.5 drives in the future.
I was looking at Fractal Design Node 304 but its a bit too big and its not available any more at primeabgb.

Back