Cheap Mini -Itx Build--Help!

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Hi!
i have been asked by my neighbour to build him a pc. this fellow works with TCS and he has seen Mini-itx machines online and wants me to help him assemble a cheap mini-itx machine.

His requirements:
1.should be able to run compliers
2.should be fast enough for photoshop
3.should be fast enough for content creation
4.should be able to handle audio/video encoding.
5.Preferably a dual/quad core cpu
6.Should be the cheapest possible build-He can't opt for zotac ion solutions.

Hardware he already has:
1.Dell E1908--19 inch Lcd
2.Logitech keyboard+mouse
3.Creative Inspire Speakers
4.Ati 4770 512mb video card

The machine should be as compact as possible and should not be very expensive(which would mean about 30k-haven't asked him the price)

Please post your suggestions here.
I am pretty interested in building this mini itx solution - i would like to get myself one too with gaming capabilities.

Motherboard:- Zotac H55-ITX WiFi ~8k (may be unavailable, Gigabyte's going to come out with a mini-ITX board soon, might want to wait for that, else newegg/KMD)
CPU:- Core i3 530 ~6k
RAM:- 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz of your choice ~3k
HDD:- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ~2.3k
Case and power:- Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350 Mini-ITX ~10k

Cheap and Mini-ITX don't mix. I would suggest you go the micro-ATX way instead. You don't lose much of the "smallness" and gain a lot more flexibility/expandability at a lower price.

Some more details on his/your usuage would be nice as well.

the usage has been mentioned above.

i am first going to build it for him and will then think of making one.i am looking at how feasible this machine is to build,maintain and operate on a day to day basis and only then will i go and assemble myself one.

i would prefer amd with a cheap quad core like athlon x4 630 with 8gb of ddr3 ram

as for the case i could go with coolermaster 100 Cooler Master Elite 100 w/ PSU MiniITX Cabinet or a silverstone sugo @ 4500rs and opt for a corsair vx450/550

Cabinet: Silverstone SG05 or SG06. Both come with FSP 300W (80+) PSU and enough space to host a dual slot gfx card. This is available in India at Prime,theITdepot.

M/B: DFI Lanparty MI T36. Available at Prime,theITdepot. So local warranty. But lacks integrated video. Other Intel,Zotac H55/57 mini-itx mobos you can get via KMD.

You want a cheapest mini-ITX build without compromising performance and a Sugo fits in that too? :S

Also, i fail to understand what you mean by-

"i am first going to build it for him and will then think of making one."

"i am looking at how feasible this machine is to build,maintain and operate on a day to day basis and only then will i go and assemble myself one."

^^ sorry -- i meant i shall build a mini-itx based solution for him and then consider building one for myself after i see how his machine performs.

30k for the cpu+mobo+ram+psu+case

4.5k(silverstone sugo)+4.5k(psu)=9k

cpu+board=8k(mobo)+10k(cpu-i5 750)=18k

Ram-4gbx1 corsair 1333 ddr3 ram(6k)=6k

Total=33k

i want to know if i can get an amd board with the athlon x4 630 so that i can squeeze in some more ram.

sunny27 said:
^^ sorry -- i meant i shall build a mini-itx based solution for him and then consider building one for myself after i see how his machine performs.
30k for the cpu+mobo+ram+psu+case
4.5k(silverstone sugo)+4.5k(psu)=9k
cpu+board=8k(mobo)+10k(cpu-i5 750)=18k
Ram-4gbx1 corsair 1333 ddr3 ram(6k)=6k
Total=33k
i want to know if i can get an amd board with the athlon x4 630 so that i can squeeze in some more ram.

Im not aware of any miniITX boards for the AMD platform.
BUT, there are many excellent options if you are willing to go micro-ATX instead(I asked you for your comments on this in the previous post as well)

The usuage specified above is all you are looking for? You said that the one you are looking to get for yourself should have "gaming capabilities".
Please be a bit more concise and clear so that better suggestions can be given out.

I also sense that you may not know the difference between the uATX/mATX and the miniITX form factor. Pardon me if I am wrong, but if I am not, just do a quick search to understand the differences. I say this because the config. you propose has a micro ATX cabinet/enclosure(silverstone sugo) when you say that you are looking for a miniITX based setup.

Take some time out and think it through. Cheers! :)

i understand the differences between micro-atx and mini-itx very well!

i am not interested in making a mini-itx build for my neighbour bcoz he didnt want one. i didn't try to convince him to go for micro - atx simply because i have never built a mini-itx solution and i want to try building one myself. i chose the silverstone sugo simply because its big enough to take cards like the 4770 or larger cards like the 4870. and i can put in a standard power supply like a corsair/seasonic 500watts.

sunny27 said:
1)i am not interested in making a mini-itx build for my neighbour bcoz he didnt want one.
2)i didn't try to convince him to go for micro - atx simply because i have never built a mini-itx solution and i want to try building one myself.
3) i chose the silverstone sugo simply because its big enough to take cards like the 4770 or larger cards like the 4870. and i can put in a standard power supply like a corsair/seasonic 500watts.

Holy self-contradiction batman!

1)Why is the thread titled "Cheap Mini -Itx Build--Help!" then?

2)So you jeopardise the interests of your friend to meet your own end of putting together a mini-ITX rig.?

3)If you are buying a case that can accommodate a micro-ATX motherboard, why go for mini-ITX? Yes, the fact that you can fit a pretty decent sized GPU and a standard PSU were the very reasons i was trying to convince you to go mATX instead. Why would you want to make the setup less capable and more expensive when there is no size advantage?

sunny27 said:
i understand the differences between micro-atx and mini-itx very well!
myself said:
I also sense that you may not know the difference between the uATX/mATX and the miniITX form factor. Pardon me if I am wrong

I did beg for your pardon sir, and I must do it again, for I am totally and utterly confused. :S

ok let's begin all over again!

What is the cheapest mini-itx quad core system i can build within 30k(cpu+mobo+ram+cabinet+psu)--it has to be a quad core and it can be either an amd or an intel solution and it has to be mini-itx only.

the case should be roomy enough to accommodate an Ati 4870.

Back