Cheapest Core i3 Laptop

MSI cr420 - core i3/2gb ddr3/intel graphics/14 inch screen - 1366x768/webcam/6 cell battery/dvd writer/250gb hdd/2 years warranty @ Rs.26250. This laptop does not come with any operating system pre-installed.

CX620 best vfm, dont know abt how reliable :

i3- 3gb ddr3 - 1 gb 5470 - Windows 7 Premium - 15.6" - 500GB HDD - Full Keyboard with Number Pad - DVD Writer - Rs.30,000

This is the review of the MSI laptop,the details of which have been posted above by me - MSI CR420 Laptop > Reviews > PCs & Laptops > Laptops > Tech2.com India

As an owner of MSI's Classic 'C' Series laptop for over a year now - the build quality is very good and the laptops are extremely sturdy and reliable. I have traveled a lot with my laptop and mainly using public transport in extreme weather. The laptop still feels as good as new. The overall feel is rather upmarket and the overall quality gives the impression of it being costlier than it actually is when compared to other laptop manufacturers. Backed by a 2 year warranty, it definitely is a very good option to keep in mind. MSI laptops are serviced by Digilink in India.

Well I got a CR420 on Monday for my Sister. Core i3, 2GB, 320GB HDD, DOS + 4GB pen drive and a Toshiba Mouse @ 26500+ Tax 5%.

+ Chicklet KB is Nice.
+ I didn't feel it's heavy in any way.
+ Build Quality is Quite Neat.
+ Battery life around 2 hours 30 Mins.
+ Can use on your Lap, Doesn't heat that much.

+/- Carry bag is small and Neat but not that top notch.

- DVD drive makes a little noise.

Got a quote for Acer Aspire 5742 for 26000 with bill. Now as Sunny27 has said Msi Cr420 is also good,so which laptop to go after.please advice

Opt for MSI - better build quality, better after sales service and more warranty - 2 years.

neojjjk said:
MSI CR 500 vs MSI CR420 ..which is the best one?
MSI CR-500 is a 15" laptop with core 2 duo and the MSI CR-420 is a 14" core i3 based laptop. Obviously the CR-420 is better!

@thetechmind, from where did you get the 30000 quote for the MSI CX620. Is it with VAT & 2 yrs warranty included. Kindly tell.
@fuzail, would you please tell the specs of the 5742 for which you got the quote of 26000. I am asking because there are so many configurations of 5742 listed on the acer's website.
Thanks in advance.

Lozil said:
Well I got a CR420 on Monday for my Sister. Core i3, 2GB, 320GB HDD, DOS + 4GB pen drive and a Toshiba Mouse @ 26500+ Tax 5%.

+ Chicklet KB is Nice.

+ I didn't feel it's heavy in any way.

+ Build Quality is Quite Neat.

+ Battery life around 2 hours 30 Mins.

+ Can use on your Lap, Doesn't heat that much.

+/- Carry bag is small and Neat but not that top notch.

- DVD drive makes a little noise.

Is there an option to customise this lappy with something like HD5650?

Back