Camera Cheapest GoPro setup for biking and trekking

mitraark

Adept
Planning to get a GoPro camera, preferably the cheapest available, which will have decent photo and video capability but will lack connectivity options mostly.

Amazon.in had a GoPro going for Rs 11799 a few days ago, now it's 15800 :(

http://www.amazon.in/GoPro-CHDHA-30...?ie=UTF8&qid=1450334109&sr=8-2&keywords=gopro

Also, which mount to get best video from biking or trekking? A chest mount ?

Don't know much about GoPro, if anyone has any experience please suggest.

I don't know much about this kinda camera. But the videos I saw of the bikers doesn't seem like a chest mount, but head mount.

Earlier there was a discussion about go pro like camera. About handful of guys were discussing, they could help you. You can scroll down and find that thread, it's still in the first page.

@mitraark
If you have anyone coming down from the US you can order one from Amazon US. You can go for the Hero 3+ Black(around 160$-200$) or Silver ( 240$-299$).
The Hero 3+ Silver ended up being the best VFM GoPro for my requirements. The Hero 3+ Silver can
I) Record FHD video upto 60 FPS , 720P upto 120 FPS and still camera captures at 10 MP .
II) Has builtin wifi and can be controlled using GoPro mobile app
III) Can be used to upto 197 feet deep.

Coming to the mounts part , you will probably need to purchase mounts separately from amazon.in. An all-in-one mount kit costs around 2.8k which includes helmet mounts, chest mounts etc. Also you will need to purchase a good Class 10 memory card of 32 GB/64 GB based on your requirements

Here is a better more detailed comparison between the 3
https://gopro.com/support/articles/hero3plus-camera-comparison

@mitraark

Coming to the mounts part , you will probably need to purchase mounts separately from amazon.in. An all-in-one mount kit costs around 2.8k which includes helmet mounts, chest mounts etc. Also you will need to purchase a good Class 10 memory card of 32 GB/64 GB based on your requirements
n

link please?

yet to get my xiaomi yi camera (the one I got was faulty).Pretty much I would go with Hero Pro 4 silver edition .

Price difference is massive between yi and hero pro 4.

yi cameras fist batch had faulty lens. This has been corrected in latest versions

Back