Cheapest possible office printing rig

Keane 16

Skilled
Need to assemble a really cheap printing rig with UPS backup as good a B&W laser printer as possible for less than 20k. I'm hoping to get the entire thing up and running for 20k - so that includes the monitor, input devices, etc.

If anyone in Delhi has a used system for sale, I'd be willing to take a look at that too.

Also need a cheapo wireless router - but that's excluded from the 20k budget.

PS: Is SMC still the best place to get stuff from in Nehru Place, Delhi?

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 250(3Ghz, 2 cores, 2MB Cache) 2700

Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M LE 2700

RAM Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz VS2GB1333D3 G 1100

HDD 500GB Seagate 7200.12 1750

GPU Raedon HD3000 -

Monitor Dell E1920IN 5550

Cabinet Zebronics Bijili w/o SMPS 1100

PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 350w 1500

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700

Mouse NA -

ODD L.G./Samung/ Sony OEM SATA DVD-Writer 900

UPS Numeric 600VA 1500

Total 19500

This should make a nice rig for ur usage.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

For router u can consider the ASUS WL-520gU EZ Wireless Router with All-in-One Printer Server ~ 2k

ASUS WL-520gU EZ Wireless Router with All-in-One Printer Ser

If u want the most basic one then the ASUS Broadband Wireless Router RT-G32 WiFi WAN 54Mbps ~ 1.1k

ASUS Broadband Wireless Router RT-G32 WiFi WAN 54Mbps

P.S: Do u need to include a printer too in the 20k budget?

Yeah, that's the thing. The printer needs to be included in the budget.
And the computer will be used solely for Microsoft Word and possibly some accounting stuff - to basically it needs to be really really basic, but good enough to run stuff without any trouble. So the monitor and gpu need to be as cheap as possible.

As for the router, that's just for my personal use so I just need something with a solid range and trouble-free.

Keane 16 said:
Yeah, that's the thing. The printer needs to be included in the budget.

And the computer will be used solely for Microsoft Word and possibly some accounting stuff - to basically it needs to be really really basic, but good enough to run stuff without any trouble. So the monitor and gpu need to be as cheap as possible.

As for the router, that's just for my personal use so I just need something with a solid range and trouble-free.
U can try to get a used AthlonII X2 240/245 or a new Sempron 140/145 and save ~1k. U can omit the ODD if not needed and save 1k and also u can go for a 15.6" for 4.3k. U can also try getting a 160GB/250GB used HDD in warranty for 0.8k-1k.

These would save u about ~4.5k-5k which could be invested in a basic Laser BW printer. (Prices starts fro 4.5k-5k ri8?)

Thanks mate. What's a good B&W laser printer? You don't seem to get Brother in India else I would've picked up an HL2140.

And would you go with the configuration you suggested above or the 14k one in the Nov buying guide?

Keane 16 said:
Thanks mate. What's a good B&W laser printer? You don't seem to get Brother in India else I would've picked up an HL2140.

And would you go with the configuration you suggested above or the 14k one in the Nov buying guide?
Yeah thats a decent rig for ur usage, but i would suggest a good PSU like the FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.5k and a UPS would add another 1.5k. Not sure about printers. Wait for others to comment on that.

HP 1020 Plus Rs. 6000

UPS Rs. 1500

Used Router Rs. 1000

Total Rs. 8500

Balance Rs. 11500

16" TFT Rs. 4500, VIP Cabinet 303 with SMPS Rs. 1200

Now the Balance remaining Rs. 5800 for MB, CPU, RAM & HDD, Budget Rs. 1000 for HDD balance Rs. 4800 for MB+CPU+RAM (Fair chances of getting in TE's Market Section)

only 25% of your investment in used component

Back