Cheated by click2recruitment.com

technofast

Huh?
Adept
My wife working in a big IT company for 10 years recently was given notice to leave as they did not have any billing Project. While searching for another job she got a call from http://click2recruitment.com They had promised her jobs and interviews and that she needs to pay various fees to line up the interview calls. They immediately offered for a job with a big IT company and promised that if she did not get the interview call or did not pass through the interview, they would refund the money back after deducting a small service fee. Believing them and not even thinking rationally she paid an amount Of Rs.23000/- through online payment.

The next day she got a call from the company that she needs to pay additionally Rs.10,000/- for some service fee (I don't remember what that is now). This is when she realized that something is fishy and told me what happened. I asked her not pay anything more and asked her to talk to the person to get the money back and to tell them that she is not interested as they did not say anything about this extra amount. When she asked for the money back, the person at this so called company abused her with filthy words for not paying the rest of the money. When told that she would complain to cyber crime he told to complain to anyone and that he is not bothered and she would not get her money back.

I am still not sure why she paid up that amount and got duped. She is a diligent person and told that she was not sure why she paid up the amount even without thinking. Probably she needed that job badly but I did not ask or probe her more as not want to rub salt on the wound. I am sure she will not be getting back the money but any suggestion on complaints to the right authorities. This company is based on Noida.

Unfortunately she paid through debit card and not through credit card. I don't think we can make dispute charge for debit card, can we?

The card has been blocked now as I was not sure which payment gateway she used and was not sure if it was safe to handle that card again. I did check with the bank (It was a State Bank debit card) but they said they will not be able to reverse any transaction done through debit card.

Yep it's just 1-2% chance in debit card transactions.
First of all being jobless aint any big crime. Its better to use commonsense rather than falling to such scams.
Now you almost lost 35k for no good.
People shouldn't get panic if they ever loose their job. Its quite understandable that one needs to pay rent & got family responsibilities etc. But first research well before vesting your hard earned or savings into anything rather than probing later.

File an fir immediately against that co.

It may or may not give your money back but you might be able to bust a big fake job scam.

Unfortunately she paid through debit card and not through credit card. I don't think we can make dispute charge for debit card, can we?

Yes, you can, but it all depends on bank to bank, as @meetdilip mentioned. Do try, better than keeping quiet. Also, try to contact moneylife if they could help.[DOUBLEPOST=1509126075][/DOUBLEPOST]Additionally, speak to the payment gateways and file a dispute charge with them as well. You need to move quick on this.

On other note, these kinds of scams occur daily and there is little to nothing that can be done about fraud organisations. They operate under several names and have been doing this day in day out. Most of these companies are based in Delhi and operate as small BPOs. There have been several reports, podcasts and news about such companies with no end result for the victims. Try your luck but this is a deep rabbit hole.

Yes, you can, but it all depends on bank to bank, as @meetdilip mentioned. Do try, better than keeping quiet. Also, try to contact moneylife if they could help.[DOUBLEPOST=1509126075][/DOUBLEPOST]Additionally, speak to the payment gateways and file a dispute charge with them as well. You need to move quick on this.
I did speak with the authorities in the state bank, they claim that they are helpless as this transaction has been done voluntarily and there was no fraud involved in this as far as the payment is concerned. They claim that they can only help if the money has been siphoned off without the knowledge of the customer which is not so in this case. Trying to see atleast if I can register a complaint with cybercrime but not sure on what basis I can do that.

I did speak with the authorities in the state bank, they claim that they are helpless as this transaction has been done voluntarily and there was no fraud involved in this as far as the payment is concerned. They claim that they can only help if the money has been siphoned off without the knowledge of the customer which is not so in this case. Trying to see atleast if I can register a complaint with cybercrime but not sure on what basis I can do that.

Yes, but you can also file dispute charges if the service has not been rendered + they are asking more money, which is a fraud case.

Dont speak to the low level CC, escalate the calls, else speak to someone in the SBI HQ.

Rather than cybercrime, try and approach the normal cops. Share all the details of what happened, any phone numbers they called you from and hope for the best.

i'm sure you can file fir with cops. I've seen lots of cases where people were duped into giving out lakhs of money on promise of jobs and the people scamming were caught by the cops and charged under various financial fraud sections. Just 2-3 days back saw similar article in TOI.

i'm sure you can file fir with cops. I've seen lots of cases where people were duped into giving out lakhs of money on promise of jobs and the people scamming were caught by the cops and charged under various financial fraud sections. Just 2-3 days back saw similar article in TOI.

That is probably a different kind of scam where the scammers usually pose as somebody representing a company and take money from people using fake letter heads etc. There is clear cut cheating in that case.

This one is a different kind of scam. They operate by posing as legitimate service providers and take payment on the pretext of providing a service. These kind of scams happen not just in job search industry, but many other such services like marriage match making etc.

I doubt anything could be done legally without concrete evidence. Assuming that the victim does pay from credit or debit card, how do you verify what the actual service terms are? Most legitimate service providers don't offer refunds and services are on best intent basis. Any refund promises made by these sham services would be made verbally and there would not be thing in e-mails or other communication. How do the police verify that the service you paid for is not received. As far as police is concerned, you paid the amount willingly and there is nothing to prove that you are deceived.

From what I could see online, click2recriuitment is this sham business for a long time.

That is probably a different kind of scam where the scammers usually pose as somebody representing a company and take money from people using fake letter heads etc. There is clear cut cheating in that case.

This one is a different kind of scam. They operate by posing as legitimate service providers and take payment on the pretext of providing a service. These kind of scams happen not just in job search industry, but many other such services like marriage match making etc.

I doubt anything could be done legally without concrete evidence. Assuming that the victim does pay from credit or debit card, how do you verify what the actual service terms are? Most legitimate service providers don't offer refunds and services are on best intent basis. Any refund promises made by these sham services would be made verbally and there would not be thing in e-mails or other communication. How do the police verify that the service you paid for is not received. As far as police is concerned, you paid the amount willingly and there is nothing to prove that you are deceived.

From what I could see online, click2recriuitment is this sham business for a long time.

Quite true, but what if they never gave the recruitment at all? And kept asking for more money? Can that not be constructed as an argument? Maybe phone recordings?

Believing them and not even thinking rationally she paid an amount Of Rs.23000/- through online payment.
When she asked for the money back, the person at this so called company abused her with filthy words for not paying the rest of the money.

This kind of frauds are very very common in India..
Not traceable due to many factors..
I am sorry to hear your loss (mentally and financially), but honestly, I dont think you will be able to recover the money, since that is a debit card transaction....

If you have any details about the company who commited the same and still contacts availale, do PM me..

As far as police is concerned, you paid the amount willingly and there is nothing to prove that you are deceived.

I will agree with this response.

Quite true, but what if they never gave the recruitment at all? And kept asking for more money? Can that not be constructed as an argument? Maybe phone recordings?
Ofcourse can, till you know those people are physically working somewhere on right address..
If there phone contact details, or anything else is alive.

Edit: Even the domain whois details are not accurate, any legimate firm will never play with same.. It was my fault to make payments..

Last edited:
This is their address in Noida
B-1, Block B, Sector 130, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201304
I checked with a friend from Noida and as I guessed there is no such company registered physically by that name in that address. Seems like they use the name only online to commit these frauds.

No wonder why such crimes are always commited from north side. Especially the atm card pin shit for which i regularly get calls which get traced to UP, bihar, Jharkhand, delhi side and at times rajasthan.

Dude try your best to nab those culprits but its a lesson learnt the bitter way.

That doesn't mean anything unless there is concrete proof for the terms under which the amount was paid. As I said, services are provided under best effort basis unless expressly stated. Failure to provide a suitable job match does not qualify as cheating.

At least in legal terms, there is no case of cheating involved here. Money was paid willingly for availing a service. The provider called back saying that some payment is pending. Failing to read the fine print or not doing due diligence form the customer side does not make it cheating. You can claim deficiency of service if you pay the full fee and give them sufficient time to work and collect evidence to prove that they either breached the the terms or if they are not working on the best effort basis and somehow deficient in their service.

It should also be noted that there is hardly ever any necessity to pay money for finding a job or landing one. The paid services provided by even the reputed names in the market are mostly worthless and just a sham. Your prospects of finding a good opening are not going to improve by paying a fee. If anything, you are just going to be paying to get bombarded by lot more irrelevant JD's. The recruitment firms already make money from the employers.

If you go to police first they will slap you stating did you even verified about the genuinity of the service.

And then they will clearly say its your foolishness to believe and give money even though you are aware of day today online and telephonic scams.

They will also show you 100s of Firs registered and not resolved. So your case will simply be registered and forgotten in that books.

You will also be given eg. like yesterday a lady came who lost 5lacs owing to her foolishness and etc. Yours is just 30k.

My cousin lost 5k last yr when he received similar call for online banking to redeem reward points into cash.
So based on my experience m telling.

Also you don't have recordings since first call even though recordings not gonna make much sense here unless the call was for abusing and sexual harassment.

Back