Chess & T.T.

Mac

Disciple
Hi guys,

I need a good pair of chess set with clock and a T.T. bat for intermediate player.

Doubts:

1. chess set - carpet board with fibre molded pieces or wooden one
Any Brand/model??
Budget - around 1k,

2. Chess clock - Digital/analog
Brand/model??
Budget - no idea about price, any VFM will make a good choice for buy

3. T.T. bat - intermediate player
Brand/model??
again any VFM

any information in this context will be really helpful.
TIA

T.T bat

You can check out the series from STIGA - Kontra , around 800-1000 bucks i guess , but is sort of heavy , once player gets used to it , its nice .

Else , check out ButterFly raquets , but i think they might be expensive.

Butterfly used to be the best wen i played and continued to do so for all the time i was in school ..

Easy on hands and well balanced..

Good aesthetics and a decent one for a beginner or Decent enuf player..

Absolutely used to be value for money .. Havent played since left school .. so not updated with any other brand..

If butterfly is stil maintaining the standards it used to.. Get it ..

thanks to all,

I personally used to play with a STAG Power drive, lost it now, was pretty decent.

And IMO GKI is better than Butterfly.

Will go to shop and checkout.
anybody wants to add smthing is most welcome:hap2:

pls provide some info on chess equipments also:huh:

a good choice......but do it only if u r plannin to play regularly and are ready to maintain the rubber ..... else it will be a waste of money in a couple of weeks

Stick to a stock Butterfly racket for ~ 1k, you don't need to spend more than that.

All the Sriver, Mark 5, etc, combos wont exactly suit your purpose and have lesser life as well.

I've played TT upto the Natl level btw, if that helps ;)

For chess...you can get an international regulation chess set...last time (which was 'bout 2 years back) it was priced at 200 bucks with vinyl mat and pieces in a bag (for the pieces)...a wooden set may cost 'bout 500 bucks...cant say bout a carry pouch for that one though:(

As for a chess clock...you will pro'ly want a digital...anologue chess clocks came for about 1500-2000 bucks and the digital one i had, i bought it for 4000. New ones (again, at that time:( ) costed 5500. the analogue ones are robust, but digital ones have a lot of cool functions...time increment after every move, etc etc:) . I have seen digital chess clocks at scrabble and checkers matches too...

no idea on exact location etc...but if you can locate a player (chennai has many), he/she will be able to get you a chess set...

or you could try this address i got from Chennai District Chess Assocition. They should be able to help you.

[CHENNAI DISTRICT CHESS ASSOCIATION
A6, SFI Apartments
New No. 16, Karnan Street,
Rangarajapuram,
Chennai 600 024

Phone: 044 - 25384477 / 25366464 / 24839499
E-mail id: cdca64@yahoo.com]

Back