Choosing air con - Hitachi/General/Daikin?

^^ dat cud be one -off problem

but still o-generals is very good.

problems r there evrywhere, isnt it.

diakin is not without problems either.

someone like u must have faced probl;ems with diakin as well

id go for daikin any day. we have a few daikins and generals at home and the daikin ones are really silent and well built. they perform the best too.

Well,I have Hitachi 1 ton(13800 BTU ) Quadricool (bought two and half years back )and I'm very happy with it ::)

MohitPreet said:
^^ dat cud be one -off problem

someone like u must have faced probl;ems with diakin as well

Are you putting a hex on my AC's :p Ofcourse it is a one-off problem .....but ..... WHY ME ?? :)

I have 2 close friends with Daiking splits and they work flawlessly. Recently I bought a Mitsubishi split, bought this as it was cheaper then Daikin OGeneral and Hitachi - paid 37k for 1.5 ton. Its smaller then the other 1.5 ton ACs and it cools quite well.

Eazy said:
Are you putting a hex on my AC's :p Ofcourse it is a one-off problem .....but ..... WHY ME ?? :)

I have 2 close friends with Daiking splits and they work flawlessly. Recently I bought a Mitsubishi split, bought this as it was cheaper then Daikin OGeneral and Hitachi - paid 37k for 1.5 ton. Its smaller then the other 1.5 ton ACs and it cools quite well.

Do you have any information like eer and other parameters of mitsubishi A/C

vijaycool said:
Do you have any information like eer and other parameters of mitsubishi A/C

I bought the MS-C18VC....

Mitsubishi have another 1.5ton model - this costs much more and is quite a bit larger in size but lower in power consumption, as this AC was being put in the sitting room where it will not be run more than a couple of hours per time about 2 - 3 times a week max, we were not bothered with the power consumption figures too much.....

I asked for some details of this AC from Mitsubishi by email, and got a prompt reply mentioning that the full AC was imported as a unit and there was no assembly done in India.

EDIT: .... and here are the General brochures - top splits, bottom window ACs....

guys i need to know which is the most power efficient 1.5 ton window a/c that can be run 24/7.. maximum will be off for 1 hour in a day.. sometimes will be needed to run 2-3 days straight..

right now we have a carrier 1.5 ton window that does the job but am looking for the most power efficient one.. $$ is no issue..

this a/c alone is adding 7-8k per month in the power bill easily..

so yeah. which is the most power efficient 1.5 ton window a/c ?

thanks in advance guys :)

hitachi does have soem quality control issues. i bought a ace cutout 1.5T last month and the indoor was DOA. the remote was clearly a cleaned up old piece and the installation manual was missing. we realised this after installation. the ac wont work beyond 1 min ( just before compressor kicking in) and a red led indicating controller error wuld start blinking. sometimes it would start working and keep working. total random sh!t. we realised this the very day of installation and put up a complaint. the nOObs that came the next day dint know anything about this new model. later in late evening one guy came with the controller card. fixed it, worked for 30 min. just when he was about to leave, we tried starting again and dang.

one a55 harpreet from hitachi tried to convince us into getting only the indoor replaced. dad had a couple of rough talk over phone with him and it was finally fully replaced. right now it' working pretty fine.electricity consumptions levels are low tho, which is one reason why i invested in it.

hitachi obviously tried to sell a damaged piece and then tried to cut corners by part replacement. simply not worth the 34.4k i paid for it. i would suggest people to carefully evaluate whether it' worth to spend the extra $$ for them or not. hitachi would make sense only if you have to run long hours.

i have diakins at office and tho silent, cooling is nothing that should be expected of an AC costing twice a normal brand.Unless you're a really sensitive sleeper..don't go for it.

for a normal guy, a voltas 3* should do fine.

Back