Choosing the right headset....

My TAG headset finally decided to call it a day after 3 years of faithful service, which has compelled me to now search for a new headset which will replace it.I am looking for a Over-the-ear headset with a mic in-built in it[I primarily need it for gaming,chatting and other stuff].My budget is between 1000-1500 rupees.My main priority is gaming, although one can say, I prefer a hybrid headset[for almost any sound and speech purposes]. I' am not going to buy a used headset ,so do not recommend me one ;). I have already shortlisted two kotion headsets ,so even if you guys can't recommend me a new one ,help me decide between these two budget headsets:-

1)
Kotion Each Over the Ear Headsets with Mic & LED - G2000 Edition (Black/Blue)- http://www.amazon.in/Kotion-Each-Ov...kotion&qid=1499969010&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1&th=1

2)
Kotion Each Over the Ear Headsets with Mic & LED - G4000 Edition (Black/Blue) - http://www.amazon.in/Kotion-Each-Ov...dset kotion&qid=1499969010&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

So, recommend me a new headset which you think I should buy within the budget I stipulated above or at least help me choose between these two, by telling me which one better fits my needs.

hi, audiophile here who plays a lot of multiplayer games. my current setup is M50X with V moda boompro.

Most budget gaming headsets have terrible build quality and sound quality, paired with a bad microphone, Dont even look at Chinese companies, I suggest you to drop kotion completely.

Sennheiser hd 201 is your best option in the price range, it lacks a microphone.

but you can buy a cheap condenser mic for 2-500 or use your smartphone as a mic.

Alternatively I suggest going for Hyperx cloud range, look at eBay and OlX, you said No to used headsets but if you can find one in a great shape, it's worth it.

kotion headsets, i won't even bother comparing them with sennheiser and Hyperx.

hi, audiophile here who plays a lot of multiplayer games. my current setup is M50X with V moda boompro.

Most budget gaming headsets have terrible build quality and sound quality, paired with a bad microphone, Dont even look at Chinese companies, I suggest you to drop kotion completely.

Sennheiser hd 201 is your best option in the price range, it lacks a microphone.

but you can buy a cheap condenser mic for 2-500 or use your smartphone as a mic.

Alternatively I suggest going for Hyperx cloud range, look at eBay and OlX, you said No to used headsets but if you can find one in a great shape, it's worth it.

kotion headsets, i won't even bother comparing them with sennheiser and Hyperx.

Thanks, I will look into it ;)

I decided to go with the G2000,as I got it for Rs.951 during the amazon prime day sale. The headset sounds natural and true, especially during gaming[mic can be said to be above average,nothing special]. The headset feels a little heavy, definitely does not have the light-weight feeling and the comfortable padding that my TAG headset had, although after 3-4 days I got over the initial uncomfortableness and found it to be a good replacement for my TAG headset.Will post further details if I run into any problems in the future, although it has a 1 year warranty which I think should cover any damages that incur, albeit except those that occur through human interaction and errors ofc ;)

Back