Choosing VPN

ddesoran9

Recruit
Hey everyone! I'm still new at this, but could you suggest me something on choosing vpn? I saw some threads about vpn over here, but it's only old ones and since it's changing so fast, I want some updated opinions. I've heard some good thoughts about nordvpn, but maybe someone's using it and can tell me if it worth buying?

Thanks for your time!

NordVPN is very popular as they have thousands of servers and such. But they don't provide lifetime plans for a flat fee. Keep checking slickdeals or set an alert there for Nord and if some deal is posted, you will be notified.
I personally use "VPN Unlimited" as I got from a deal (which came on slickdeals too) for $18 lifetime and have been using for past 1.5 years and it has been good.
Some people have concern with the VPN provider's logging policy so they don't like to take subscription to a service which logs user activity.

Nord is pretty reputed but do they still log?
Well I've read in other forum that since nordvpn is based in Panama where the laws do not require to log the data, they are not logging, comparing to the other ones which are based in Europe or US, where the laws require to do that.

Nord is pretty reputed but do they still log?
no they don't.

I am using nordVPN from last 2 years, pretty good and they have this 3 yr sale going on all the time. If you can afford it and get a deal, it won't let you down. It's pretty good. Their router config is pretty fantastic.

Check your requirements first... Where are you going to use same:

Example: 1 or 3 phones ?? 1 or 3 computer/laptops ?? Any specific location services you required ??

There are majority of service providers, just like domain/hosting industry.. which gives 100s of features, WHT (web hosting talk should be your best solution)

Do your selection accordingly, check the VPN providers life-span #importantly#
I am using Connectify which is different in nature, but provides best VPN services too (been 2+ years) and working flawless on multiple devices.

NordVPN is very popular as they have thousands of servers and such. But they don't provide lifetime plans for a flat fee. Keep checking slickdeals or set an alert there for Nord and if some deal is posted, you will be notified.
I personally use "VPN Unlimited" as I got from a deal (which came on slickdeals too) for $18 lifetime and have been using for past 1.5 years and it has been good.
Some people have concern with the VPN provider's logging policy so they don't like to take subscription to a service which logs user activity.

$18 Lifetime?WTF! how often do they run these deals? right now they have a 3yr plan for 2.99/3$ a month which is a bit much

$18 Lifetime?WTF! how often do they run these deals? right now they have a 3yr plan for 2.99/3$ a month which is a bit much

Please stay away from lifetime paid VPN sites, you cannot run a decent VPN site with one time payments, remember that you are the product if something is free or too cheap. If you are using VPN for privacy then buying from these guys beats the whole purpose of using a VPN.

Please stay away from lifetime paid VPN sites, you cannot run a decent VPN site with one time payments, remember that you are the product if something is free or too cheap. If you are using VPN for privacy then buying from these guys beats the whole purpose of using a VPN.

I am not really using VPN for privacy as such. Using in firestick so I can be connected to Indian VPN Server to watch stuff in Indian streaming apps that won't work when they detect I am outside India. I used to use it for accessing ad free version of Jio Saavn on my phone (US only has paid option). Using popcorn time in firestick and connect to a server which supports torrents (else I would get letter from my ISP).
But for $18 that I paid back in December 2017, I am sure I have derived a lot of value from it. I am using even today.

Also that $18 deal came once and still it comes many a times but it is now around $29-$39 for lifetime and 5 devices. Their regular price is higher if you check their website. I was myself skeptical for the low price but still went ahead and got it and is one of the best tech decisions I made.

Put a deal alert for "VPN" on slickdeals and whenever you get a notification, check and see if that works for you. Honestly, even if you don't intend to use it full time but end up finding a deal for something under $20, I would say take and keep. I am very satisfied with the VPN Unlimited I am using.

Put a deal alert for "VPN" on slickdeals and whenever you get a notification, check and see if that works for you. Honestly, even if you don't intend to use it full time but end up finding a deal for something under $20, I would say take and keep. I am very satisfied with the VPN Unlimited I am using.
That's exactly what I was looking at. I'm basically sick of Hathway blocking a few torrent sites here and there.. besides now that they are due to become Jio I don't suppose getting a VPN would be a bad idea? Lol

For media consumption there are some free vpn sites that might work too..check out Windscribe which provides daily 2GB or something.

I am using free ones. Turbo VPN, Snap VPN and Robot VPN. Again my use-case is same as @raksrules Most time it works normal. But I would like to know if getting paid one has distinct and tangible advantages ?

I am using free ones. Turbo VPN, Snap VPN and Robot VPN. Again my use-case is same as @raksrules Most time it works normal. But I would like to know if getting paid one has distinct and tangible advantages ?

If you dont care about privacy and if the speed and bandwidth of free ones are enough for you, then i personally cant think of any compelling reason to shell out money for a paid service.

If you dont care about privacy and if the speed and bandwidth of free ones are enough then i personally cant think of any compelling reason to shell out money for a paid service.

One thing I like about some of the paid vpns like vpn unlimited or nord vpn is that they have nicer firestick / android tv apps which work well with remotes instead of relying or something that needs mouse clicks. I know it may not matter to some by when it is easier to use that way even my wife can use it. Also if one Is getting a lifetime plan for $20-$30 I would say it is worth it.

Sometimes not, but again I am not sure if paid are any better. ISP connection is completely fine at my end with speeds more than required.

Some of the paid ones are definitely better in that respect, but even well known ones have problems maintaining speed during US peak hours. Before subscribing to a VPN service for a long period, might be better to have a trial run for a month or so to get to know its limits.

Back