Video chromecast vs teewe 2 vs ????!

What about mk808b plus with kodi? Will it have all channels?

I have no experience with android boxed and XBMC. I used it once and did get some channel through some setup. I am technically sound to even do it but at this point, I have stopped doing all such research stuff and wanting things that work. I would rather spend more time in using the thing than constant fiddling. That probably explains why I own an iPhone :p

So for Indian channels in a proper way, I suggest find a legal alternative in the country. I am pretty sure most Indian channels do come in Dubai right ?

I have no experience with android boxed and XBMC. I used it once and did get some channel through some setup. I am technically sound to even do it but at this point, I have stopped doing all such research stuff and wanting things that work. I would rather spend more time in using the thing than constant fiddling. That probably explains why I own an iPhone [emoji14]

So for Indian channels in a proper way, I suggest find a legal alternative in the country. I am pretty sure most Indian channels do come in Dubai right ?
You need to pay money for a single channel, and it isn't cheap. Total cost of channels exceed $50, which is very expensive IMO.

You need to pay money for a single channel, and it isn't cheap. Total cost of channels exceed $50, which is very expensive IMO.

I know $50 can be expensive and I do pay approx that much per month (with taxes). I get many useless channels too. But then I have no other option. With wife at home here, she would be bored if there was no proper TV. Downloading and then watching is something she is not gonna do. Here she just switches on TV like anyone would and start channel surfing.
Oh Dil to Pagal hai is coming, she likes it, but is is already half way, no worries, we can just START OVER the movie. This makes her happy. I am happy. $50 is decent amount to pay for not getting bored lol.
Also I am having amazon instant video but we end up watching random stuff on TV anyways, some random govinda movie or whatever sh1t comes on TV.

And yes people saying Indian channels show same crap and stuff, yes they do, but let me tell you, when you are in a foreign country, you "feel good" watching that crap.

@Party Monger and others - got a msg from gearbest today that the MK808B Plus i had ordered, is out of stock in the chinese warehouse. but its available in the EU warehouse. they've offered 3 options:

1. wait for 7-15 days for the item to be restocked in the chinese warehouse
2. ask them to send the device from the EU warehouse
3. ask for refund which would remitted to my gearbest wallet.
4. browse for a similar item and buy that instead.

in case 2, is there any catch if i ask for that? and, is there any similar device but better, even if costlier, so that i can ask for a refund then place an order for that item?

@Party Monger and others - got a msg from gearbest today that the MK808B Plus i had ordered, is out of stock in the chinese warehouse. but its available in the EU warehouse. they've offered 3 options:

1. wait for 7-15 days for the item to be restocked in the chinese warehouse
2. ask them to send the device from the EU warehouse
3. ask for refund which would remitted to my gearbest wallet.
4. browse for a similar item and buy that instead.

in case 2, is there any catch if i ask for that? and, is there any similar device but better, even if costlier, so that i can ask for a refund then place an order for that item?
I guess you'll just have to try your luck mate. Customs is like a ghost, cant say when or how they will haunt you :p
You can however try your luck, not a very big amount. The device will be the same.

I guess you'll just have to try your luck mate. Customs is like a ghost, cant say when or how they will haunt you :p
You can however try your luck, not a very big amount. The device will be the same.

yes; my first and only experience with the customs wasn't exactly a very pleasant one.
still not sure on what to do. but shall write to them something later today.

Tried this today ->
2hf5ngh.png

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...id-tv-for-mk808b-plus-with-working-screencast

Works pretty decent with the occasional lag. Using with the old google remote app (need to set up using wireless kb and mouse first and enabled in settings)

But damn that sexy interface. The dev has bundled Kodi and a few other apps that are necessary. Nothing to complain now. The youtube apps is good, might side load the regular one too for when i want to use that. The rom is not compatible with all versions of mk808b plus, some have different network cards adn wifi doesnt work apparently.

i am also interested in buying the same stick. can you guide me as to how i can buy it and how much exactly is it gonna cost me. will there be any customs etc.
PS- i don't have credit card or paypal. will i still be able to buy with my normal debit card?

i am also interested in buying the same stick. can you guide me as to how i can buy it and how much exactly is it gonna cost me. will there be any customs etc.
PS- i don't have credit card or paypal. will i still be able to buy with my normal debit card?

ebay has these listed for a bit more cost than on sites like gearbest and aliexpress. the cheapest available was for 3.3k two days back. now the cheapest is for 3.5k. i had placed order with gearbest, but they have run out of stock, and i might cancel my order with them after getting their reply tomorrow. would myself then place order on ebay.

ebay has these listed for a bit more cost than on sites like gearbest and aliexpress. the cheapest available was for 3.3k two days back. now the cheapest is for 3.5k. i had placed order with gearbest, but they have run out of stock, and i might cancel my order with them after getting their reply tomorrow. would myself then place order on ebay.
right now its showing in stock. ebay is charging almost double the money. if it gets delivered will you be paying for customs? and how did you pay at their site?

yes but you could use a discount coupon on ebay. the stock-status hasn't been changed on the site (gearbest), but their china-warehouse doesn't have the device in stock currently. i had paid via my CC. i think you can use debit card. but better order from aliexpress.

yes but you could use a discount coupon on ebay. the stock-status hasn't been changed on the site (gearbest), but their china-warehouse doesn't have the device in stock currently. i had paid via my CC. i think you can use debit card. but better order from aliexpress.
will there be customs?

can't say. at an earlier date 4 people from here had ordered the device, each separately. 3 of them got their parcels uneventfully, while the 4th had to pay about 400 bucks or so.

Guys all models are not the same. There are some with different network components that don't have much support for custom roms. Check the same forum section above on freaktab to know which.

I have an MK809iv bought from Aliexpress for about 35$. It is good although it doesn't have support for custom ROM. The stock firmware is good though, plays 1080p. Using for last one month without any problem. Can't comment about wi-fi range as my router is placed just beside it.
Choose shipping by HK/SG post while purchasing through Aliexpress you'll get delivery in 15days.

Absolutely loving the Android TV rom. Damn thing is very sleek from the boot till the end and has all the apps - Kodi, MX player, Vlc. It also has an amazing Youtube interface but its a bit hard in the sense that once you are on the video, cant navigate to its channel for other videos etc. Maybe will install the normal app for that.

But I like how this thing is so versatile. Now I want to sideload a few apps. Any ideas where I can get Apks for apps like Youtube etc since playstore only has android tv apps? (Which are pretty good btw just not exhaustive.)
I was thinking Bl*ckM*art but last I checked they had some shitty adware.

Guys all models are not the same. There are some with different network components that don't have much support for custom roms. Check the same forum section above on freaktab to know which.

can you pls tell how to ascertain/differentiate between different models of mk808b plus? for instance, there are two available on ebay India, and both read 'original mk808b plus'.

Absolutely loving the Android TV rom. Damn thing is very sleek from the boot till the end and has all the apps - Kodi, MX player, Vlc. It also has an amazing Youtube interface but its a bit hard in the sense that once you are on the video, cant navigate to its channel for other videos etc. Maybe will install the normal app for that.

But I like how this thing is so versatile. Now I want to sideload a few apps. Any ideas where I can get Apks for apps like Youtube etc since playstore only has android tv apps? (Which are pretty good btw just not exhaustive.)
I was thinking Bl*ckM*art but last I checked they had some shitty adware.

is miracast as good as casting on chromecast? say for instance i have my phone or tab with me in front of the TV and wish to browse/play videos in my playlist through it, then is the playback decent enough?

also, you may try installing either GAPPS for your version of android if you haven't or if its possible to be done on the stick, or could also try installing individual blacked out apps from TBO app (team black out).

can you pls tell how to ascertain/differentiate between different models of mk808b plus? for instance, there are two available on ebay India, and both read 'original mk808b plus'.

is miracast as good as casting on chromecast? say for instance i have my phone or tab with me in front of the TV and wish to browse/play videos in my playlist through it, then is the playback decent enough?

also, you may try installing either GAPPS for your version of android if you haven't or if its possible to be done on the stick, or could also try installing individual blacked out apps from TBO app (team black out).
There is no way to find out except ask the seller. Some have AP6212 wi-fi module which are newer and dont support many roms, others have different one which are supported. Ask Gearbest if they ahve the same model that they have been selling since start. If it is, then it will work. Otherwise I read this interesting post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...808b-plus-finless-rom-1-1?p=517236#post517236 where you can copy the drivers and get finless rom to work. But not sure about android tv and cynogen roms. Basically ask the seller what wifi module it has and check if thats supported.

Also go through this thread -> http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...for-mk808b-plus-with-working-screencast/page4[DOUBLEPOST=1443514240][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if you want to buy in india why not try this one http://www.amazon.in/Aeoss-MK808B-A...F8&qid=1443514171&sr=8-1&keywords=mk808b+plus

you can return if its doesnt work :D

Back