class 11 now

Keane 16

Skilled
Should i take Science or commerce ? What's a better option for the future -- Engineering ? CA ? Law ?

Need help ... have asked a 100 people ... but you people here are the right age to help me out so ..........

It depends what you are interested in ....

Dont always see which is more profitable. Are you interested in science and the way things work?? then go for Science and then Engg...

If you are a whiz with numbers and prefer maths to science, then of course, commerce.

If you are interested in law, then of course go for law. My suggestion is to go for an aptitude test at a proper centre. Then you will know what is best for you.

Know any website for an aptitude test ?

I had one in schoo. But it was damn stupid.

Well, i can go for both Engg/Commerce .. don't mind either ...

there will be some career counsellors in Delhi ...... talk to them. They will give you the best places from where to take an aptitude test...

You cant rely 100% on these online tests.

Take science, that way after school other options will be open to you as well... Because science student can opt for courses like CA and even Law at graduate level, though they usually have some difficulty in commerce related streams (reg basic fundas)...

And clearly you have a more than average interest in computers and related, so i think computer engineering would be a good choice for the future...

P.S. Aptitude tests are pointless, especially in India, in the end the schools just allot the student streams on the basis of the marks bracket they fall into, and then if u want a different stream, all u need to do is make a little noise and they'll give in.... So the whole excersise in pointless really...

It depends on your interests. But since you were saying that you are fine with either, It will be better for you to take sciences. as xplicit mentioned, it will leave you options to choose from after the 11th. If you go into commerce at this juncture, you will be limiting your choices in the future.

Your choice depends on your Marks..

If your good at Science, go with Science in College. But if your not the Studious type, and cant bear like 10+ hours of study a day, in the 12th ofcourse, then take commerce :p.

Aditya said:

If your good at Science, go with Science in College. But if your not the Studious type, and cant bear like 10+ hours of study a day, in the 12th ofcourse, then take commerce :p.
That's not what i need. no1 studies for 10hrs everyday thruout the year.

xplicit said:
Take science, that way after school other options will be open to you as well... Because science student can opt for courses like CA and even Law at graduate level, though they usually have some difficulty in commerce related streams (reg basic fundas)...

And clearly you have a more than average interest in computers and related, so i think computer engineering would be a good choice for the future...

P.S. Aptitude tests are pointless, especially in India, in the end the schools just allot the student streams on the basis of the marks bracket they fall into, and then if u want a different stream, all u need to do is make a little noise and they'll give in.... So the whole excersise in pointless really...
But is comp engg still valuable ? I mean, it was a big deal some time back. Is it still good ? Or is a B.Com+CA more valuable than say Comp Sci engg+MBA nowadays ?

Comp.Engg is still good. But its not the point. By taking sciences, you are leaving yourself options open for the future. You can for example go for Masters or Doctorate in sciences, MBA, CA etc.

Aditya said:

Exactly, lol.

I think you should opt what you're best in, otherwise one ends up cribbing about work and longs for holidays :p

Akshit, I wish I could reply your question with one post but it's not as simple as that... if you'd like to chat about this, PM your msn ID.

If your good at Science, go with Science in College. But if your not the Studious type, and cant bear like 10+ hours of study a day, in the 12th ofcourse, then take commerce

Look, its not as simple as that, the difficulty of each branch varies from person to person. Which is why I would recommend you to analyse your own interests/skills further. Both streams have very good (and future proof) career options, but what you should realise is that your performance in whatever subjects you take is what matters in your career. If you wish to excel in a field, you need to have both the interest and skill in it. So take a look at the course material for physics, chemistry, economics, accounts, etc, and decide in which of these you can perform at the best of your ability.

Ya MBA iz a gr8 opt.

Even if u take science later on after 12th U can do BscIT and then MBA.

IT has a good scope these dayz.

Well, if i take commerce then i'll be going for CA, that's for sure.

So my options are -

B.Com + CA

Comp Sci Engg. + MBA

Which one's better ?

Do you actually have to study 10 hrs a day in 11th and 12th for science ?

Back