Clive Barker's Jericho PC Demo Released

evox

Adept
A spectacular, creative, and unflinching realization of a Clive Barker nightmare, Clive Barker's Jericho is a new supernatural horror concept with story by the master myth-maker, novelist and filmmaker Clive Barker.

Jericho deals with the mysterious reappearance of a lost city in a remote desert. When a form of evil that goes right back to the dawn of days resurfaces from there, a Special Forces squad, trained in both conventional warfare and the arcane arts, is sent in. Their mission: Hunt down and destroy the evil that lurks at the heart of the city before it destroys humanity.

Clive Barker's Jericho is designed as an action horror title that will up the stakes in visuals and phantasmagorical special effects. Mingling the darkest elements of Barker's horror fiction and films with an ambitious, age-spanning story, aimed at mature gamers, fans of Clive Barker and horror fiction enthusiasts.

for more Info, please see the wiki page

The demo lets you play as three of the Jericho squad members through the sewers of Al Khali.

Size: 1.08GB (1107.1MB)

Mirrors:

GameSpot

GamersHell

FileShack

ActionTrip

FileFront

Enjoy!

I never played Undying so I don't know how good/bad Jericho is in comparison. but anyway:

Demo Review -

Firstly, there's a tutorial video present which explains the demo starting and gives some background info on Jericho (I strongly suggest watching the video). the video is 355MB and honestly doesn't contain anything that would've been impossible to cover via text in a read-me file. it would have reduced the size to an acceptable 752MB. moving on, the game starts with the Jericho team members getting separated and apparently half of the team members "die" and you're stuck with three of the seven team members:

Lt. Abigail Black
Sgt. Billie Church
Sgt. Frank Delgado

all three characters have their special abilities. Abigail for instance, carries a modified sniper rifle (which sounds like .357 Magnum Revolver) and can control her bullets in mid-air (a feature I didn't try, mind you) Billie Church on the other hand, is the clad ninja chick with a katana and a pistol; and has the ability to cast spells using her blood. lastly, Frank Delgado carries a chain-gun and has the ability to control fire demons. at first glance, Jericho's gameplay may look similar to Prey's(with the same gruesome setting and enemies) in reality, Jericho is quite different and a bit more enjoyable. you have the ability to switch between the 3 members of your squad by pressing Spacebar and selecting the respective member, it takes a bit of a time getting used to. and once in combat, the system feels a bit slow. the combat in Jericho won't revolutionize the FPS Genre, it follows the basic run-and-gun formula with the occasional puzzles thrown in for good measure. and this is perhaps where the disappointment begins.. depending on how much you were anticipating, your disappointment levels may vary. you have a squad but their AI leaves a bit to be desired (so does the enemy's) they often get in the way of your shooting (and scream "Cut that shit out" when you spray bullets on them) it gets annoying especially when fighting in closed corridors (which is basically the whole setting of the demo) ofcourse that doesn't mean the whole demo blows. the combat is quite fun if not insanely enjoyable. the major gripe is that, If you played any XMen Legend games or Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, you will realise that the combat sometimes gets overly hectic. enemies have a habit of just running at you blindly (and they WILL try to choke you) it's like, there's too much going on and there's too little space to do anything. I often ended up shooting my dumbass Allies (who are only too happy to get infront of my corsair) atleast your weapons are fun to use (especially the chain gun) frankly speaking, Jericho is another game which has been "consolized" and by that I mean the annoying button mashing mini-games. they are totally necessary to begin with. when enemies jump on you, and try to choke you and what not, the game shows different arrows at different times on screen and you need to press the respective arrow on the keyboard (something which was present in Tomb Raider: Legend) It's distracting and considering you're forced to do it with any enemy jumps on you, it will get irritating pretty quick (especially if you're using Keyboard+Mouse combo) and It's also present in a hole segment (In the demo) where you are forced to button tap twice (god, that's annoying!) moving on to the enemies, while they don't exactly drip brilliance, they are quite decent to look at. not really scary but rather gruesome.

Graphics -

contrary to popular belief, Jericho DOES NOT use Unreal 3.0. Jericho uses a proprietary in-house game engine developed by Mercury Steam. the engine has it's good and bad, the goods are the detailed environments and the motion blur (which looks pretty cool) alongside some excellent visual effects and HDR. the best feature however, has to be the physics. you have two female team mates and their breasts jiggle quite nicely (especially Church's) Infact, after Tecmo's Dead or Alive Franchise, Jericho has the best boob-manipulation technology seen in a game. It's a real pity that they quickly run away if you get too close (sorry, no groping here!) the character models are nicely detailed too and look pretty realistic (atleast Frank's face looks good) at close up however, the textures are quite blurry. the one thing that I absolutely despise about the game is the color tone. If you played TES IV: Oblivion, you will be quickly reminded of the dark-bloody-sepia tone of the Oblivion gates. I am not too high about the so called "Urine Effect" games have nowadays (R6: Vegas, GRAW2) but if you like your graphics in brownish-dark red tones, you'll feel like home. the frame rate of the game was usually 25-32 and was in mid-teens when I used the grenade launcher with 3 enemies present. this was at 16x AF (Forced via CP) everything In-game at Max with "smoothing" on at 1440x900 (16:10 AR).

Sound -

Amusingly, when you take control of Abigail, aside from the moans and breathing, everything else is in a Male voice. which is weird and funny at the same time. your allies take quite pleasure in verbally abusing your enemies (something which I'd rather not quote here)

Overall -

Pointless. Consolized. but fun to play nonetheless.

Screenshots -

will upload more later on (maybe...)

I didn't notice this earlier:

hrc87q.jpg

Insane....

guys how big is the game? how much space does it take on the hdd??

i downloaded the demo using the torrent linky...

it got downloaded in my c drive (windows drive). i shifted it to an empty particion with 80gb free space.. but while the games extracting its saying not enough space on C:\ drive.. (wich has about 5gigs left) ...???

anyone faced any similar problem???

Demo takes 0.99GB Space. I didn't face any "not enough space" problems. then again, my Main Partition has 145GB Free space. so....

Back