Cloud Computing Training / Course / Internship in Pune

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
I have successfully completed BE in Computer Science this academic year. Well, I had plans of pursuing MS right after completing BE but because of certain family problems I have decided to postpone it and start looking for a job instead. I will be pursuing a master's degree after a couple of years.

I am very much interested in Cloud computing since the beginning. I really want to work in an industry which is related to cloud computing service. The problem is, I don't know from where should I actually start. Some of my friends said join an institute that offers Cloud Computing training kind of stuff. But I am not sure how good those institutes are. I am looking for something that will kick start my career in a right manner.

How good are these institutes offering Cloud Computing training? Is there any reputed institute I should join?
If any company is offering an internship, you can PM or reply here about information regarding that company. :)

Suggestions, recommendations are welcome in this thread.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi, the route im taking is MCSE(done) -> CCNA(WIP) -> VCP(WIP),
VCP for me is like a pre-requisite for cloud deployment and management,
others may be able to have a different opinion thats fine, but the above route is something which i have taken personally and is helping me relate things as im studying CCNA modules and VCP modules simultaneously

Hi, the route im taking is MCSE(done) -> CCNA(WIP) -> VCP(WIP),
VCP for me is like a pre-requisite for cloud deployment and management,
others may be able to have a different opinion thats fine, but the above route is something which i have taken personally and is helping me relate things as im studying CCNA modules and VCP modules simultaneously

But isnt that route..i mean low paying
http://www.techenclave.com/education-career-job-discussions/networking-domain-low-paying-job-120425/

most of the people getting a ccna cert at paid 13k in the beggining
one of neighbour (BE telecom grad) is working for past two years for a measly 15k and is planning to leave networking itself

But isnt that route..i mean low paying
http://www.techenclave.com/education-career-job-discussions/networking-domain-low-paying-job-120425/

most of the people getting a ccna cert at paid 13k in the beggining
one of neighbour (BE telecom grad) is working for past two years for a measly 15k and is planning to leave networking itself

Well you have a point there mate, but i have also seen people join my company into enterprise support (Powerconnect switches) at upwards of 40k, and seen guys supporting force10 switches (yes my company acquired force10) at upwards of 50kish, it really depends on where you scale yourself or the place or position you look for jobs i'd say, i have 2 friends who finished CCNA together in one single batch one guy joined my firm into "powerconnect support" and got a package of 35K and the other fellow decided to be a IT guy and joined an ISP company at 16K,

Heres the difference between the 2 guys, 1st guy did his CCNA to gain knowledge and he didnt just stop at that and started learning about juniper , and newer cisco products, where as the 2nd guy on the very second day of results went looking for a job

my point is "Learn to gain knowledge and use that knowledge to make money, rather than learning to make money directly, cos in that case the knowledge is lost, if knowledge is lost then the market value is lost"

Cloud computing is more marketing term which doesn't mean much, because is can be different things to different people. The perspective are very different depending upon whom you are talking to: for example:

• to laymen: Cloud == simply services like Dropbox,Gmails are cloud computing to them.
  • to developers: Cloud == On Demand,auto scaled & Pro-rata billed resources for running their apps.
  • to Sysadmins/DevOps: Cloud == Tool that could be used to solve hard scaling problems. Scaling apps from 10hits/min to 99khits/min without downtime. Just Imagine!
  • to CIOs/CEO: Cloud == new fancy way to manage their hosting/server/network infrastructure & business processes/workflows
  • to Journalists: Cloud == New Buzz Word that everybody keeps is talking about & has lot of activity, hence lot of news articles needs to be written about it.

Further, I don't know any places which can offer you training on cloud computing that would be useful in real world. So, if you are into cloud computing; Just select a role from above & join the company that has the problems you are looking to solve. Learning by doing/On The job training or whatever you call, I think this is the best way to learn anything.

Good Luck!

Back